Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #16
Pentaxian

[deleted]

Last edited by beholder3; 08-12-2013 at 01:55 AM.
01-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Whoa. And he didn't even have a full size monopod. I mean: 18 meter (59 feet) monopod:
Bild 2 aus Sonstige Nutzfahrzeuge: Teleskopfahrzeug Citroen Berlingo 18m Teleskop!

(used for certain landscape photography, actually it seem you can still buy the whole car incl. monopod for about 6.000 EUR)

Good to use a Q with.
geez...that looks like periscope on alpha class submarine
01-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Of course none of these begin to compare with large pinhole cameras. More than one team have converted delivery vans (enclosed lorries) into mobile cameras. At least one team has done so with a railroad boxcar. Another team converted an aircraft hangar. And I've proposed such an installation in the VAB (vehicle assembly building) at Cape Canaveral, which has its own internal weather. I've also suggested capping-over the Meteor Crater near Flagstaff Arizona. And in the future we can hollow-out an asteroid to make a LARGE pinhole cam. These Canikony toys are mere dust specks.
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #19
Pentaxian

H[deleted]

Last edited by beholder3; 08-12-2013 at 01:55 AM.
01-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'd like to see Pentax make something big for a change (in the K-mount format) - but that's just me. For now, though, the K-5 + grip works quite well.
I'm with you Adam.

The main design prerequisite should be the best possible image quality, but obviously in a manageable size.

I'm at loss to understand this obsession with tiny camera bodies.

The D-BG4, for me, turned the handling of my new K5 from 'ho hum' to 'wow, this feel great'
01-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by trublubiker Quote
The D-BG4, for me, turned the handling of my new K5 from 'ho hum' to 'wow, this feel great'
Yeah, I really need to get the D-BG4 for my K-5.
01-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #22
Veteran Member

i don't know....to me grip on K-5 felt really weird ergonomically and even visually. On the other hand grip on K10d and later K20d was perfect and really fitted the camera well, so it didn't feel like some add on accessory. Just my experience.....i sold grip on K-5 just two weeks after I got it

01-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by trublubiker Quote
I'm with you Adam.

The main design prerequisite should be the best possible image quality, but obviously in a manageable size.

I'm at loss to understand this obsession with tiny camera bodies.

Actually, if the grip didn't hold an extra battery I probably wouldn't use it. I don't see what all the "enhanced handling" fuss is all about (except as counter weight for my Sigma 70-200 2.8) and would take the smaller size instead. Although I got rather small hands, probably well bellow average on here.
01-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Although I got rather small hands, probably well bellow average on here.
There is your reason. Those of us with larger hands need something more to "grip". The K-5 body is very compact, and I find that when gripping the camera my little finger falls under the bottom plate. In essence, I am only able to grip it with 3 fingers and my thumb, which somewhat decreases stability compared to 4 full fingers. This is where the battery grip comes in handy. It also vastly improves vertical shooting, since you can keep your gripping hand to the side of the camera instead of above or below which can be awkward depending on the shot.
01-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
There is your reason. Those of us with larger hands need something more to "grip". The K-5 body is very compact, and I find that when gripping the camera my little finger falls under the bottom plate. In essence, I am only able to grip it with 3 fingers and my thumb, which somewhat decreases stability compared to 4 full fingers. This is where the battery grip comes in handy. It also vastly improves vertical shooting, since you can keep your gripping hand to the side of the camera instead of above or below which can be awkward depending on the shot.
Hey, people like me with small hands are hands are often laughed at and face a lot of difficulties in our lives (ex carrying things and fighting). Please let me and a bunch of Asians have something that is tailored for us in life.
01-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #26
Forum Member

battery grip + k-7 next to my friends 7d + battery grip still small xD.

loving the battery grip. portrait shooting with ease.
01-25-2012, 01:54 AM   #27

I would rather be noticed by the quality of my photos, than by the size of my camera. The small size of the Pentax cameras are probably one of the best things they have....imagine carrying one of those Canikon bricks and trying to shoot discreetly whatever you want to shoot...ridiculous! I love the small size, even if my hands are big. I like to carry my camera everywhere and the small size helps a lot when it comes to fit my camera in my backpack. So no bricks for me please...
01-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 60D vs. my K-x, in terms of size... although the K-x is a bit small for my hands, at least I could reach all the buttons without difficulty, and not strangle myself with a neck strap with the camera's weight. Both are APS-C anyway.
01-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #29
Banned

Well I do sports photography and see and meet a lot of canikons these days. When shooting in Hi-speed mode they are already viewing their pictures while I'm still waiting for my K-5 to process. So I would like to have a smarter and faster computer in my camera and that is partly why they have that bigger camera.

So a K-5 with the grip attached would be still a small camera, but packing more electronics and a Full Frame or APS-H sensor, giving an excellent camera.
01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #30

I sold my 5DII because of its size. Using it for weddings was a pain, a pain in the wrist, in the hands, etc. I find the K5 almost as good and much easier to use. While I owned the Canon I had many Nikon users tell me I should, "get a real camera, a Nikon." That used to make me mad, but no more.