Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Dead pixel in video

I got this ugly dead pixel in full hd video. Never seen the pixel before - noticed it in movie mode when shooting. On screen it's an ugly green spot. I've done pixelmapping twice with no result. :/

Nothing I can do but send it in for repair? I was thinking, if the pixelmapping doesn't work for me, do they have a more sophisticated method? If they don't I hope it wont take ages to get it fixed/replaced. Anyway I was thinking of sending it in for focus adjustment because it constantly front focuses. My K-7 also had to be adjusted, Pentax AF ftw (thats why everybody's using manual glass on Pentax ).

Here's the only example I've got on my computer, shooting with some filter. Look how big the "pixel" is. Just above the ASAHI logo.
http://www.pictures.likstoff.se/bilder/bilderr/pixel.jpg

Last edited by fikkser; 01-30-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: new url
01-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

They (Pentax) could fix it with a new firmware, but as they haven't done it yet they might never do it.
In the mean time there is a workaround for video. First turn on liveview while in photomode, then switch over to video mode. That should do it, now pixelmapping is active in video mode as well.
01-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you. It works But it's a pretty bad way of solving the issue.

Will this be fixed under warranty? Has anyone tried?
02-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
They (Pentax) could fix it with a new firmware, but as they haven't done it yet they might never do it.
In the mean time there is a workaround for video. First turn on liveview while in photomode, then switch over to video mode. That should do it, now pixelmapping is active in video mode as well.
Wow, it works for me as well. This is indeed the evidence this should be fixed through firmware. Are they even aware of the issue ? This trick is so inconvenient, lol. Unbelievable.