Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
CD that came with the K-5

Can anyone tell me if there was anything on the CD that came with my K-5 other than the Digital Camera Utility? My disc (S-SW110) got shredded (or close enough) after it got knocked on the floor and run over with a wheely chair
I've since downloaded the latest version of DCU from the Pentax web site, so if that's all I've lost I can relax and smile at the the destruction.
Thanks,
Marc

02-07-2012, 08:55 AM - 2 Likes   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if there is anything else i can send you one of mine... i haven't looked at them yet, owned 2 k5's for 6 months
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Lang Quote
if there is anything else i can send you one of mine... i haven't looked at them yet, owned 2 k5's for 6 months
This is why I like this site.
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
MSL
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Lang Quote
Thanks Andrew. I suspect that if there is anything else I'll be able to do download it too. But at this stage I have no idea what that might be! Despite having bought my camera this year it still had Firmware 1.01 so I doubt the CD had the latest version of anything.

It also seems that most folks don't use the DCU that Pentax provides and they process their files in other programs. Still shooting mostly JPG, so I already have a few tools, and I spotted a number of other suggestions for processing images in one of the other forums.

02-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
DCU4 is all that is on the disk. There is not even an help or readme file.
02-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i use aperture so i haven't even looked at what the disk had... my k20 d disk got some usage for the tethering software. but it looks like you have all you need from the disk already..
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #7

Only thing is you need the CD to install the newest version (it checks for the CD), although I would imagine there are ways around that.
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
MSL
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hawk1500 Quote
Only thing is you need the CD to install the newest version (it checks for the CD), although I would imagine there are ways around that.
That can't be right. My CD came with version 4.31. After the destruction, I downloaded version 4.34 from the web site and installed okay - possibly because I already had a version installed I suppose. If I get a chance I'll try on another computer.

Ok.. I got lucky that I had installed on the other computer before losing the disk, as I can't do a clean install on a new computer.

Last edited by MSL; 02-07-2012 at 09:14 PM.