Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hohenzollern Castle

I know this is a bit belated in regard to Pentax Day submissions, but this trip was scheduled for Saturday, 4 Feb. Regardless, in light of all this news (which, is AMAZING), it seems text has overruled photographs, except of the few that were analyzing different lenses and the K01. But in terms of photos taken, there haven't been too many posted. Here's to curbing that tide

Hohenzollern Castle is one of the most beautiful in Germany. It is not as well known as the venerable "Cinderella Castle," or Schloss ("Castle") Neuschwanstein, but if you are ever in the Stuttgart/Black Forest region, it should definitely be considered to fit into your schedule. What worried me about visiting it, however, was that I had that week sent off my wonderful DA 12-24, and my DA* 16-50 nor my Sigma 8-16 (the two that caused me to revamp my focal length assortment) had arrived in the mail. Preparing to head out with 50mm as my lowest focal length ( DA* 50-135), I was absolutely thrilled to see my 8-16 arrive in the mail that Friday afternoon ! Which is amazing considering I live on a military installation in Bavaria, and I ordered it from Amazon the previous weekend...less than 5 business days turn around for Free Super Saver Shipping internationally? Marry me, Amazon

There were a bunch of shots I would have liked to get, but they were very adamant about their "No Photography" rules. (Party poopers). Regardless, these are the keepers of the bunch. I hope you like

Oh, and it was -10 degrees C (single digits F), and on top of that hill? Holy wind

All were either 8-16, or 50-135, and K-5.

Try attacking that hill....

DA* 50-135, f/5.6, 123mm, 1/500s, ISO 800 CPL

The view of the town from atop the castle walls.

DA* 50-135, f/8, 63mm, 1/90s, ISO 80, CPL

The view of castle courtyard from inside it's main garden.

Sigma 8-16, f/8, 10mm, 1/125s, ISO 80

My favorite from the day - the interior of the Protestant Chapel within the castle walls. If you look at the photo above, it's the arched door way on the far right.

Sigma 8-16, f/6.7, 63mm, 1.5s, ISO 80

As always, please feel free to provide any criticism/critique. Hope you enjoyed

-Heie

02-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Heie, an outstanding series and no I would not enjoy taking that hill. Thanks for sharing. Maybe you could cross post in PHOTO SHARING Cliff
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Try attacking that hill....
Let me eat my Wheaties first!

Seriously nice photos - thanks for sharing. If I ever get to travel in Europe again, I'll be sure to include this on the list. Gorgeous place!