Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #16

AF with big SDM lenses like the DA * 60-250 f/4 also seems to drain a lot of battery.

I just ordered the genuine D-BG4 myself. It may seem like a lot of money, but not having to sacrifice WR makes it worth it, and hopefully it won't be all that plasticky.

02-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by atekant Quote
LOL! A charger for $0.19? I suppose I can afford to buy one for every single plug at the house and charge anywhere.
I wanted to report back on this. The price seems ridiculous, but I ordered one figuring I'm only out $7.00 if it is total junk. It arrived today and to test I put a fully charged D-Li90 battery in it. The red light came on and it charged for about 5 minutes and then the green "fully charged" light came on. This would seem to indicate that it is checking the battery status rather than just running a timed charge cycle.

I then put in a partially discharged battery and this time the charge took about 2 hours before the green light came on. So definitely not a fast charger but that's fine. I was looking for something small to take along traveling and charging overnight in the hotel room. There is no cord, the electrical prongs fold into the base. It does come with a 12volt car plug and cable.

So for .19 cents plus freight I am quite happy so far. My biggest concern was that it would charge too fast or overheat. I checked the battery several times during the charge cycle and it never even got warm to the touch.