Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #1

K5 Switches to Movie Mode

Has anyone ever had any problem with there K5 Jumping into movie mode. It does this despite when the mode dial is on green, user, Av, or Tav modes. It's really frustrating and prevents taking pictures. It takes turning the camera on and off several times and turning the dial around to get it to take pictures again. And then it happens again! So frustrating.

02-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You sure it's movie mode and not live view?
Live view is access by a button on the back so you could accidently press it.
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sure you just aren't going into live view mode by pressing the button on the back?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yes. I'm sure. The X sync mode also changes to P. B, M, Tv, and Sv are not affected. And i have shot movies even though the dial was in Av or USER mode. After a bit of fiddling it will revert back into the proper mode. But often even turning the camera on and off several times doesn't fix the problem either. Upgraded the firmware as well. Thinking it's time to return it under warranty. I've only had it for 2 months.

02-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That`s a new one. Definitely hosed, send it in.
02-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Then it sounds like the mode selection dial is buggered- I'd go ahead and get the camera replaced or fixed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you have the grip attached? If so, make sure that the on/off button on the grip isn't stuck between off and on. Weird things happen when this occurs.

02-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Do you have the grip attached? If so, make sure that the on/off button on the grip isn't stuck between off and on. Weird things happen when this occurs.
Good point, did not think of that.
02-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Reset as well...

QuoteOriginally posted by Niebalung Quote
Yes. I'm sure. The X sync mode also changes to P. B, M, Tv, and Sv are not affected. And i have shot movies even though the dial was in Av or USER mode. After a bit of fiddling it will revert back into the proper mode. But often even turning the camera on and off several times doesn't fix the problem either. Upgraded the firmware as well. Thinking it's time to return it under warranty. I've only had it for 2 months.
I am sure you tried, but did you reset?