Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2012, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #1

K-5 mode dial physically stuck

I tried to search the forum if other people would have same kind of problem but I was unable to find discussion about physically stuck K-5 mode dial.

So basically is there anything I can do to try to fix this, or is my only option to send it to repair center?

I can turn the mode dial few clicks quite easily, and more if I force it a little bit. Mode dial works properly. It feels like there's something physically in there resisting.

Is it possible to try and spray some crc spray to the crease of the mode dial or is that going to do just more damage? Any other self repair treatment tips?

Thank you for your tips and suggestions

-Juho

02-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #2

I would send it in. Spraying something in there could void your warranty, if it still is under warranty. The spray could also damage the rubber seal, which is probably what is binding up.
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #3

I trust you have tried pressing the button in the centre of the mode dial...?
02-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty sure he has. Send it in, CRC works on trains, planes and automobiles, doubt your camera will like it too much.

02-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers, I thought so myself too that I have to send it in. And yes I pressed the knob After posting I remembered that I should have mentioned it too!