Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
AE lock with half shuttle press - when manual focus

I have been using the half shuttle press to lock AF and AE when recompose, working great for AF lenses.

When I use manual focus lenses (old PK/A or M42), I use the AE-L button to lock AE when I need to.

All ok.

But I sometime find it easier to use just half shuttle press for AE lock when using manual focus lenses, pressing the shuttle is somehow easier/faster and more natural than move my thumb to the AE-L button.

Anyway, after some experimenting, I have come to the conclusion that it can be done with K-5. Even if I set my AF lens to MF mode, the shuttle will no longer lock AE (due to AF not active, and AE is link to AF etc, I think).

It would be nice if there is a work around to still use the shuttle button to AE lock for MF situation. Anyone know if this is possible and how?

Thanks in advance.

-kk

02-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You could always just shoot in M mode.