Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Exposure can be iffy in the tropics. The closer you get to the Equator the more harsh the sunlight becomes. Heat can cause a haze coming off of things like pavement, sand, buildings, etc and even after the sun goes down you have lingering heat that can affect light quality. You do have to adjust for that. I used to get crystal clear photographs in northern California when I lived there. I hardly ever had to adjust exposure. The quality of light was just gorgeous most of the time. Can't say the same these days here. I'm constantly adjusting my exposure up or down by a certain amount to compensate for glare and haze. The humidity can also affect things. Lenses will fog a bit here and there, particularly if you are sweating. I have to use de-fog stuff on my eye glasses just to be able to see while shooting some days because being in the sun with a camera to my face can cause my glasses to fog. I'm sure my lenses do too a bit in certain conditions. It's usually less of a problem in the winter but not always. I've learned though not to rely too much on the camera to do the work for me in the tropics. I double and triple check every pic when shooting anywhere in a southern clime.

02-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #17

I couldn't agree more with the previous post. I have a Nikon D300s and the K5 I always shoot RAW and edit in ACR or NX2 so as I have better options available to alter the photo. Here's one I took yesterday with the Nikon the top photo is the unprocessed the 2nd is procesed and I also had to alter the white balance, one thing I don't have to do with the K5 as it does a better job than the Nikon on Auto mode.
Attached Images

Last edited by ross; 02-25-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling mistake