Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the advice adpo, but her argument is as long as I'm getting good images with my K20D, a K-5 is a waste of money.. unless of course it were to stop taking good images.... hope that helps you understand my logic. The fact that I might get better images with a K-5 is irrelevant as long as the K20D is good enough... oh.... woe is me.

Last edited by normhead; 02-25-2012 at 10:02 AM.
02-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I've only had mine a couple of weeks but I'm similarly happy with it!

If your photos get any better, I won't be able to stand it. You have some beautiful country to work with and do it well.

I am in the deep end of the pool after doing some price checking this morning. Looks like this little trip is about to get more expensive.
02-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
And i keep my manual beside the bed
Exactly the problem I was just walking along the beach and did not take my bed with. When I came home, I had to look it up in the PDF. One of the small changes compared to the K10D that has a dedicated button for it.
02-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
If your photos get any better, I won't be able to stand it. You have some beautiful country to work with and do it well.

I am in the deep end of the pool after doing some price checking this morning. Looks like this little trip is about to get more expensive.
Ha ha, thanks! I wanted to have a second camera for paid gigs, and I also got this after some price checking. Got the body for $1000 which seems like a great deal. It feels so good in the hand; I love the ergonomics over the K-x. I'll probably get the 18-135 wr next (need to get paid some more first) for a versatile tough package when conditions are harsh. I love taking it skiing with the little da40 on it too.

Happy shopping!

02-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Thanks for the advice adpo, but her argument is as long as I'm getting good images with my K20D, a K-5 is a waste of money.. unless of course it were to stop taking good images.... hope that helps you understand my logic. The fact that I might get better images with a K-5 is irrelevant as long as the K20D is good enough... oh.... woe is me.
Norm, if you won't get mad at us, we can all start commenting on your photos, that while good....they are starting to look "out of date".....and suggesting an upgrade to a K5?
I had Mrs Rupert look at the number of photos left on my K20D LCD once the card was almost full and told her it was almost all used up...time for a new K5! Mrs Rupert knows nothing about cameras, but this wouldn't work for you!

Regards!

Almost forgot.......going on a year now with my K5......great camera, no problems, lots of fun and joy and a few decent shots. Could have been more decent shots but even a camera as great as the K5 can't do everything!
02-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Also still delighted with my K-5! I never understood before how important dynamic range actually is, and I'd find it hard to consider any camera with a lesser sensor a "serious" camera now.

I'm in Tokyo at the moment, and had a poke around in Yodobashi Camera a couple of days ago - there's still nothing there which is better for me than a K-5 at anything like the same price point.
(Side-note: No K-01 there yet, but the Q is super-prominent in multiple locations on the camera floor, not just in the Pentax section. I also found myself walking past Ricoh HQ near Ginza and they have a great big K-01 poster in the window.)

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Thanks for the advice adpo, but her argument is as long as I'm getting good images with my K20D, a K-5 is a waste of money..
Magic words here: "But honey, you've already got shoes..."

I'm sure some compromise can be reached.

Last edited by timh; 02-26-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Back on topic