Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Site Supporter

K5 indoors WB with manual lenses

Hi everybody,

I have experienced the following issue with auto white balance at my K5 indoors. If lens has 'A' setting, whatever lens it is, pentax or third-party, the auto white balance is good indoors. However, if lens is fully manual, the auto white balance indoors goes to yellow. Outdoors everything is fine. The issue is present only with no 'A'-setting lens and only indoors with electrical light. So I have to use the custom WB setting with manual primes indoors, that is not always convenient.

I have asked that at another forum and somebody confirmed that the same issue happens even with fully automatic lens, like 43lim, if the aperture ring is not in A setting and the camera is in manual mode. I did not check it though.

Does anybody have the same issue? Any workarounds other than using custom BB or shoot in RAW? Just curious.

Thanks!

03-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a thought... you could just ignore and shoot normal then correct white balance
in PS and just batch process the rest.
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sure this is possible. But I prefer shooting in JPEG. Anyway, this does not explain the anomaly. Why?