Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
landscape recommand

I wish to travel to the other place like these pictures place. but I'm live in NY city......

If I have a chance to go to other state(not further) where should I have to go???

Attached Images

03-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, the lake pictures are obviously from the Rockies, possibly Peyto Lake in Banff National Park, Canada. You aren't going to find anything like this in the Adirondacks
03-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Tour Guide?

Hello Riatjsud,
Nice photos!
The first ideas that come to mind are upstate New York and the coastline of Connecticut. There's some beautiful shorelines off Long Island sound. I'd pack a couple of wide-angles, a short tele, a polarizer and tripod.
Have fun!
Ron
03-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The coast of Maine is nice, and there are some wonderful scenes on Cape Cod. For mountains, south in the Smokey Mountains you can probably find similar scenes to those posted, if not quite as grand.

03-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For that type of pictures, you would need to go west. Colorado, California, Washington, Oregon.

You would need to go to the Rocky Mountaions, Cascades, or the Sierra Navadas to find places like in the pictures you posted.
03-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The closest scenic spots to NYC that I can recommend are a) finger lakes region of NY; b) southern New England coast (MA, RI and CT) c)northern New England Coast (ME and the maritime provences of Canada) d) mountains of New Hampshire/Vermont
You won't find scenery like the Rocky Mountains anywhere nearby NYC, but do a google of images of "finger lakes"; "Maine coast"; "Franconia Notch" "Casco Bay" "Mt Washington"; "Arcadia National Park" etc.

NaCl(NY/New England doesn't have the grandeur of the Rockies, but there is some remarkable scenery nonetheless)H2O

Last edited by NaClH2O; 03-10-2012 at 08:40 AM.
03-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

As others have recommended, you'll find some mountainous terrain in New England, and what we Out West would call 'hills' of the Appalachians and Blue Ridge. But for REAL mountains you need to go to the western cordilleras and sierras between Alaska and Guatemala. I'm now on the Arizona-Sonora border, with the high and snowy Huachuca (wha-CHEW-kah) mountains about 1/2 hour away (if I drive fast). Eastern 'mountains' just don't compare. It's time for you to Escape From New York, eh?