Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K5 video with old K and M lenses?

Hi,

This may be a stupid question and/or one that has been answered already but I am tired right now and my brain isn't really working so I decided to ask you pros :-) What happens with exposure if I shoot video with the K5 using an old K or M lens. Is there a diffrence if the aperture ring is set wide open or stopped down? What about an m42 screwmount lens? Thanks for any input.

(in before the inevitable RTFM: the said manual is in German, unfortunately...)

Best regards,
Rorschach

03-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I hardly touch the video function on my camera, so no real opinion on this, but here is the K-5 manual [PDF] in English for ya.
03-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Yes, you can use the aperture ring of the K and M lenses (don't know about screwmount). The tricky part is that before you start recording the live view will hold the lens wide open. When recording you can change the aperture and the exposure will be compensated accordingly, unless of course you press exposure lock.
03-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys for the replies, most helpful!