Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good suggestion ...

QuoteOriginally posted by ndhonghai Quote
16-50mm f2.8 is good for many purposes, you found the correct one to try!
Also possible to consider:
- DA 35mm f2.4 (budget one)
- Other prime and limited lenses
Bonjour,

The DA 35mm f2.4 is definitely worth a try ... a superb value/price/performance lens that on a K-5 would be about +50mm ... just the old film days.

Salut, J Frog

04-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Good suggestion, too ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
What do you like to shoot ? Maybe the 50-135 for most day to day photography. Great IQ and WR so weather won't hold you back even if it rains !
Re-Bonjour,

Ditto

Re-Salut, J Frog
04-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #48

Photos: Gallery
sharing from newbie of K5

I just bought K5 3 weeks ago together with Tamron 17-50mm/F2.8 after months of spec camera & its lenses comparaisons. I prefer K5 for its high ISO and near-100% viewfinder, since I like a lot of architectural photos. Concerning decent lenses, they are quite same price (I mean out of my reach). During these 3 weeks, I learn to adjust White Balance, EV, Forward/Back Focus compensation. From hundreads photos I took already, few only has color I used to. (I used to Kodak Ektachrome and CZ T* Planar 50mm/F1.8). Now I start completing my gears with lenses SMC Pentax-F 28/F2.8, SMC Pentax K 55mm/F1.8 for portrait and events, also lens SMC Pentax-F 35-70mm/F3.5-5.6 for group photos. Also I got M42 adapter. Fortunately, K5 still guards its compatibility with old lenses (that can be found from ebay, or old gear dealer around).
04-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #49

Hello

I'm using the pentax k-5 since december 2010, and a friend of mine is using one too.
And this is a very fine product, as far as you have outdoor and/or bright conditions.
The autofocus in artificial low light is very inaccurate. Not just slow, but inaccurate. There is a big front focus issue in those conditions, and you have to use the liveview to make pictures you won't delete at home.
Welcome to the blurry land of pentax k5...

(juste google "front focus issue pentax k5" and you'll see, tons of angry owners)

04-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anthony.oblin Quote
Hello

I'm using the pentax k-5 since december 2010, and a friend of mine is using one too.
And this is a very fine product, as far as you have outdoor and/or bright conditions.
The autofocus in artificial low light is very inaccurate. Not just slow, but inaccurate. There is a big front focus issue in those conditions, and you have to use the liveview to make pictures you won't delete at home.
Welcome to the blurry land of pentax k5...

(juste google "front focus issue pentax k5" and you'll see, tons of angry owners)
Have you updated to the latest firmware ? Pentax put out a fix (partial it seems for some) that solves any minor issues I had. I don't have any issues with 2 x K5s now.

BTW I've seen threads from both Nikon & Canon owners discussing this issue with their own cameras so it seems Pentax are not alone in this.
04-18-2012, 04:25 AM   #51
Site Supporter

Don't waste your time on trolls Frogfish.
04-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #52
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Have you updated to the latest firmware ? Pentax put out a fix (partial it seems for some) that solves any minor issues I had. I don't have any issues with 2 x K5s now.

BTW I've seen threads from both Nikon & Canon owners discussing this issue with their own cameras so it seems Pentax are not alone in this.
It's true. It's a common thing with semi pro APS-C camera's. If you want good low light autofocus you need a more expensive pro body. It's simple as that.

I have owned a D7000 for a month before i switched to the K5. Shooting alot of dance performances the D7000 gave me that same ratio of keepers. Sometimes it focused spot on, sometimes it missed.
The K5 is just the same. Same with a friend's D90 or another friend's 60D. Sometimes camera's have back/front focus issues in certain light conditions.

I