Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #1

My new K5!

Got my new K5 last week and just joined Pentax Forums. What can I say...what a superb camera. I bought a Nikon D7000 last year (previous camera was a D50) because I got sucked into the CanNikon thing. I sold it after three months...too big and too complicated. I've also had the Panasonic GF1 and recently upgraded this to the GX1 which I'm still enjoying. I was keen to get back to DSLR's though as I marvel at the image quality. GX1 is good for travel but I think the K5 could rival this as it's so small. Bought with standard kit 18-55mm lens..wasn't the lens I wanted but for the price I wasn't going to argue. The K5 was more expensive than the D7000 last year but now it's a bargain...even if Pentax do bring out a new DSLR this year I know I won't be hankering after it as I've got a lot to learn about the K5. 35mm macro lens coming next month so looking forward to that.

In the meantime...a shot I took with the K5 at the weekend!! 500px / Photo "The Apple" by James Rutter

03-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome, I feel your enthusiasm for the K5 it's an awesome piece of kit, look forward to your up and coming work on the forums, enjoy.
03-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #3

I too switched over from the dark side of Canikon. previously owned a D90 a few years ago now as a kind of starter camera in to Digital SLR photography (but previously used canon film cameras). This was an excellent camera. But then got entangled with Nikon over the fact that the plastic mount on the kit lens broke off for no apparent reason but they wouldnt replace it. So then thought i'd try a Canon DSLR. Bought the 60D and was very happy with it for a while but couldn't totally get used to the feel of it. And here I am- and here I shall stay, got a K5 in January and love it. Cannot find fault with it at all!
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #4

welcome chob and matt~
have fun with the k5 and share some of the photos with the forum!

03-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent camera indeed! I have two
03-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #6

Thanks for the welcome! Great to be here.
03-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the new camera! I picked up a K-5 a few weeks ago and fairly smitten myself. Still learning it, but it is a fantastic camera so far. Picked mine up with the kit lens as well, but it hasn't been on the camera since I traded my X100 for a 31mm limited. Love the apple pick.