Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I agree with you

I spent monies I didn't have to spend on Saturday and ordered the K5. It really would have been nice if I could have afforded to get the 18-135mm but could only afford the body at this time. I know it is to late for this but did get it from B&H.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Honestly I think that would sell really well. But Pentax is notorious for failing to offer attractive kits- I still don't get why they're not bundling the 18-135mm with the K-5.

03-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Did you follow the instructions in the sticky I linked? If so, you'll still qualify for a free month to sell off any old gear!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks

Thanks but I don't have any old gear to sale. I am holding onto the K-r as a back up and really don't have any lenses I wish to sale at this time.

Did you follow the instructions in the sticky I linked? If so, you'll still qualify for a free month to sell off any old gear!
03-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Adorama and B&H look connected. What about other retailers?

03-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

On the used market, sure- but not on the new market. Just look at how much people charged for the K-7 until stock ran out - $1195!
Why buy a new K-5 if a successor is on the horizon? you might as well buy a decent quality used one and save the rest of the money to put towards the successor in the future?
03-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
What about other retailers?
This only applies to them, nobody else

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #22

We will also give away a free Pentax IR remote control to one you!
Please clarify, does this mean that there's one Pentax IR remote to be given away to one 'lucky' participant or that each participant will get one?

03-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Right, one winner chosen at random.

Adam

03-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #24
Veteran Member

"one you" is one of Adam's charming colloquialisms. We'd harass him about it but he's too nice and too valuable to offend.
03-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
There was an "of" missing there. I went ahead and re-wrote the sentence entire, though.

Adam

03-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #26

Well, I've been waiting long enough & just placed my K-5 order with the 55-300, grip & accessories through B&H without the "D" word being thrown out as a marital threat along with my old A lenses...
I'll confirm Adam upon receiving my shipping notice...thanks.
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Great to hear- I hope you enjoy it! (I'm sure you will)

Adam

03-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Does this deal permit a person with a tax exempt status to be able to get the camera without sales tax? I usually buy with cash in the store.
03-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This is for online orders only. As long as you don't live in NY you won't end up paying any sales tax.

Adam

03-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #30
Inactive Account

Yes, I live in New York. So if I take advantage of this "deal" I can't do it as a nonprofit/tax exempt? Or I could have it sent to a friend in NJ?

Last edited by maggieclarke; 03-17-2012 at 01:09 PM.