Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Iso 80

Expanded sensitivity on and 80 available on P, Sv, Tv, Av, M, B & X modes but not in Tav. It goes down to 100 and then starts flashing.

Is ISO 80 available in Tav?

I haven't used the camera for a few weeks and prior to that re-set it to factory default to try and get rid of a few minor irritations but I'm convinced I had it set to 80 in Tav. Or could it be old age creeping in?

03-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
push the "info" button and then spin the e-dial (I can't remember if it's the front or rear one) to adjust the auto iso range. You should be able to put it down to ISO 80.
03-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter

I am not quite sure that I understand you correctly, but in Tav ISO is set to "Auto" by default and you don't set the limits for Auto ISO in the expanded sensititvity menu.

As Unbutu_user mentions you will have to set the range in the Recording Settings menu - it's on "page" 3 of that menu and called "ISO Auto Setting".
03-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
push the "info" button and then spin the e-dial (I can't remember if it's the front or rear one) to adjust the auto iso range. You should be able to put it down to ISO 80.

Pushing the 'info' button clears the top screen and brings up the Control Panel

03-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
I am not quite sure that I understand you correctly, but in Tav ISO is set to "Auto" by default and you don't set the limits for Auto ISO in the expanded sensititvity menu".
Although the iso is set automatically it is dependent on the f stop shutter relationship. When the shutter times are reduced and f stop increased the iso drops. But only as far as 100 and starts blinking.

QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
you will have to set the range in the Recording Settings menu - it's on "page" 3 of that menu and called "ISO Auto Setting".

That's it! I had set the expanded sensitivity but not that. Thanks.

I didn't think that I was losing my marbles..........yet
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimD Quote
Pushing the 'info' button clears the top screen and brings up the Control Panel
Yeah, that's what I was meaning. In the control panel you can set the auto iso range like Stone G. mentioned only without navigating through the menu.