Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
Just ordered my K-5 from B&H (though the affiliate link) along with Tamrac Pro 12 camera bag (to accommodate both camera bodies), two-year extended warranty, and HDMI cable. Order should arrive Tuesday.

--DragonLord
And yes, congrats on the purchase! Wish I could say the same for myself, but I think at best, I may have to wait later this year to get one.

I'll just wait for one of you guys to sell off your K-5 dirt cheap, when that mythical Pentax FF or K-5 replacement finally rolls around.

03-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

I sneak and don't tell anymore ... scrimp & save some cash away ... then find (another) second-hand treasure. Besides, she really doesn't want to know anymore ... "let me just close my the eyes and maybe it'll all go away" - she's gotta be thinking this by now.

Salut, J Frog
I just keep telling her, "Uh..yeah...This is the last one."
03-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #48
Site Supporter

Me, too ... when I get caught in the act

QuoteOriginally posted by arsn.r3d Quote
I just keep telling her, "Uh..yeah...This is the last one."
"Oh dear, really, really, it's the last one like this ... (one can just have so many Super-Tak 55/1.8's ... then it's time to hunt other game, like a SMC Tak 55/1.8!)
03-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
"Oh dear, really, really, it's the last one like this ... (one can just have so many Super-Tak 55/1.8's ... then it's time to hunt other game, like a SMC Tak 55/1.8!)
Hahaha! So true...I have 2 (the Super and SMC Tak 55 1.8)! Was sorta workin' on a 2nd Tak 50 1.4, but we'll see.

The key is, I say "last one" but not for how long. Could mean the last one for another 6 months..or 1 month..or 1 week.

Good point that someone else brought up about the lenses being the better investment, though. Which is another reason why I won't scramble for a K-5 just yet (aside from the fact that I just don't have the funds for it ). Camera bodies are only gonna get cheaper. Maybe/maybe not for the K-5 later this year, but at least next year I'm sure. Look at my K-x. Bet it's only worth less than $400 now...Whereas lens prices seem to stay very consistent. I've noticed vintage lens prices on the rise even, at least since I started collecting last year.