Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
I've looked into this lot and developed reservations. Chose to buy yesterday from B&H instead. But they certainly seem to be authorized by Pentax and I imagine you'll be OK as long as everything goes well.
B&H is certainly nice to work with if there's a problem. I got my K-7 from them a couple years ago and they replaced my copy twice (once for a LCD defect and once because they had accidentally shipped me a used copy). Both times they were cordial and quick to make the problem right.

I did a bit of research and found that Camera Land actually has a storefront and is/was frequented by our members on occasion. I also called them to ask about the return/exchange policy, but I was really just scoping out that they really existed and were in fact the same as the ebay seller.

03-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
New Member
Popeye.Tom's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: S. Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 21
Oh man - she's gonna slay me....

if she finds out...

There'll be the Pursin' o' the Lips!

the Folin' o' the Arms!

the Tappin' o' the Feets!.... Then it's time for the Explainin'!

Oh waily, waily, waily!
- courtesy of the Nac Mac Feegle, courtesy of Terry Pratchett

I just did it, it's paid for and done. This'll be a huge upgrade for me from my K100 and a neat home for all the glass I've been collecting.

I think I'd better hurry up and figure out if I'm keeping the Tamron 60B or 360B and sell one - then the Explainin' will be a bit easier and maybe believable!

Now, I'm excited...gotta get another focus screen now.

Cheers,
P.T.
03-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #18
Junior Member
jessecad's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lat. N35°19'87" Long. W97°27'27"
Posts: 31
I ordered my K-5 from this company, no problems

FYI...
I ordered my K5 with lens in January 2011 from Cameraland for $1399 with 18~55mm WR when it was selling everywhere else for $1600~$1700. I registered it with Pentax just fine. No Stains or any problems whatsoever...I'm still happy!

JC
03-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MD
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 169
Thank you for the link. I couldn't resist anymore. Just ordered one. btw, can anyone tell me how to get the extended 2 year warranty?

Thanks
Praveen

03-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Just ordered the last one. Itches for month for digital camera...
03-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
Veteran Member
joe.penn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland (Right Outside Washington DC)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,902
Haha, you must of got the last one, the listing has ended...
03-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #22
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Popeye.Tom Quote
if she finds out...

There'll be the Pursin' o' the Lips!

the Folin' o' the Arms!

the Tappin' o' the Feets!.... Then it's time for the Explainin'!

Oh waily, waily, waily!
- courtesy of the Nac Mac Feegle, courtesy of Terry Pratchett

I just did it, it's paid for and done. This'll be a huge upgrade for me from my K100 and a neat home for all the glass I've been collecting.

I think I'd better hurry up and figure out if I'm keeping the Tamron 60B or 360B and sell one - then the Explainin' will be a bit easier and maybe believable!

Now, I'm excited...gotta get another focus screen now.

Cheers,
P.T.
Just tell your Olive that it's to take better pictures of her.
QuoteOriginally posted by jessecad Quote
FYI...
I ordered my K5 with lens in January 2011 from Cameraland for $1399 with 18~55mm WR when it was selling everywhere else for $1600~$1700. I registered it with Pentax just fine. No Stains or any problems whatsoever...I'm still happy!

JC
Good to hear! Thanks!
QuoteOriginally posted by pentakxian Quote
Thank you for the link. I couldn't resist anymore. Just ordered one. btw, can anyone tell me how to get the extended 2 year warranty?

Thanks
Praveen
Adorama and B&H sell them for $20, but I'm not sure on the specifics.
QuoteOriginally posted by xinawesome Quote
Just ordered the last one. Itches for month for digital camera...
Wowzas, how 'bout that, all 21 sold in the span of 5 hours.
03-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jamarley's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 409
I jumped in as well. I think there was like 3 or 4 left when I felt that last second frenzy set in.
'course I checked with my better half first - don't want any back talk by going behind her back!

03-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
New Member
Popeye.Tom's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: S. Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 21
QuoteOriginally posted by pentakxian Quote
Thank you for the link. I couldn't resist anymore. Just ordered one. btw, can anyone tell me how to get the extended 2 year warranty?

Thanks
Praveen
Hi Praveen,

I bought a Square Trade warranty for my K100d body, it was a Pentax refurb unit. Never had to use it, but I think they have a good rep and the one time I did talk to them, they were very helpful.

PT
03-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: adelaide
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 30
just checked ebay.
all gone - 21 units sold!

i paid au$1250 last year in november.
03-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
ISH
Junior Member
ISH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 42
those went quick! glad i made up my mind before i left work to buy one instead of waiting until i got home.
03-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #27
Pentaxian
rvannatta's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Apiary, Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,176
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Haha, you must of got the last one, the listing has ended...
this looks like a close out sale. Must be a K5 Super in the pipeline real close.
03-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #28
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,264
Just want to say Camera Land NY is a good camera company. Last time I bought a pentax bino (and LX3) from them, they not only have a good price, but they throw in a free Pentax hat and some stickers for me.
Couldn't be more happier!
03-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #29
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MD
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 169
QuoteOriginally posted by Popeye.Tom Quote
Hi Praveen,

I bought a Square Trade warranty for my K100d body, it was a Pentax refurb unit. Never had to use it, but I think they have a good rep and the one time I did talk to them, they were very helpful.

PT
Thank you for the information. I will look into it.
03-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MD
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 169
When I ordered mine, there were still 9 available and within 20 minutes, everything was sold. Thanks Jeffshaddix
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax, pentax k-5, pentax k-5 body, usa
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 price jumps from $899 to $1,299.99 ! jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 11 05-28-2011 07:41 PM
K-7 18-55mm $899 + 5% Bing Cashback jogiba Pentax News and Rumors 20 03-28-2010 05:03 AM
Amazon Deal of the Day Feb. 22, 2010: Pentax K-7 just $899 brecklundin Pentax DSLR Discussion 24 02-28-2010 07:55 AM
Pentax K-7 for $899 at Amazon.com (Today Only!) Miserere Pentax News and Rumors 17 02-22-2010 10:16 PM
K20D kit for Canadians: futureshop.ca $899 CDN 'til noon Monday farfisa Pentax DSLR Discussion 7 12-27-2008 09:49 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top