Photos: Albums
The $999 price took me off the fence.

--DragonLord

03-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
Once I cross over into Texas, it will be hard to miss your house, right?
I'm the one next to the big Oak tree on the right...and you will see Squirrels everywhere you look!

Regards!

BTW- Had a buddy fix me up with "something" many years ago.....once in a while it still gives me a nightmare where I wake up in a cold sweat and feel the urge to run.
03-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm the one next to the big Oak tree on the right...and you will see Squirrels everywhere you look!
Great! I'll start searching Google Street View right away!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
BTW- Had a buddy fix me up with "something" many years ago.....once in a while it still gives me a nightmare where I wake up in a cold sweat and feel the urge to run.
Been there, done that -- about three times. Then I learned my lesson -- maybe a little too well.
03-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd actually do it if my wallet could afford it but right now, nah, unfortunately not. I'm not complaining though. My K-x is keeping me fine company. I was just out with it today actually for a bit though not for too long. Even on allergy pills I can't hardly step out my door the last week or so. The pollen count is up to like 2000%. There's pollen liberally coating things everywhere you look. The mild winter has all the plants flowering early and with a vengeance this year. I go out to the store or to the library I have to wash the car with the hose just to be able to keep the stuff off so I can see. It's just crazy!

03-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #35
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'd actually do it if my wallet could afford it but right now, nah, unfortunately not. I'm not complaining though. My K-x is keeping me fine company. I was just out with it today actually for a bit though not for too long. Even on allergy pills I can't hardly step out my door the last week or so. The pollen count is up to like 2000%. There's pollen liberally coating things everywhere you look. The mild winter has all the plants flowering early and with a vengeance this year. I go out to the store or to the library I have to wash the car with the hose just to be able to keep the stuff off so I can see. It's just crazy!
My credit card only has to hold out till Saturday. Then the temptation will be gone.

Begone, temptation, Begone!!
03-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Monochrome, I hate to tell you this, but the Devil Squirrel has all the little Squirrels chanting your name...followed by "Buy Now".

Best of luck to you!
[IMG] [/IMG]
03-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #37

Why Fence?

Ah, I love the K7 and the K5 would be a shoe in. Too many lenses for one body? Yes, already have multiple back up batteries? Yes.

BUT DO I WANT two SD card slots? YES-- that's why I'm on the fence. If the new K3 or whatever next fall has all of the virtues of the K5, plus the two slots, I WILL BE SOOOO HAPPY I WAITED! (Nxxxx D7000 be *^%^%$*^)
03-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My credit card only has to hold out till Saturday. Then the temptation will be gone.

Begone, temptation, Begone!!
See? You enthusiast, you! As per our other thread, you just can't be satisfied with having only that great new K-01 that you just bought a couple of weeks ago (as well as your old K10D). You can barely resist the urge to buy a K-5 too.

The folks at Pentax should go against the corporate business model and be grateful for having loyal customers like you.

P.S. If you cannot make it through the week without buying one, I think you wouldn't regret it at all, although you might feel bad if your K-01 falls into disuse.

03-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #39
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by welfl Quote
see? You enthusiast, you! As per our other thread, you just can't be satisfied with having only that great new k-01 that you just bought a couple of weeks ago (as well as your old k10d). You can barely resist the urge to buy a k-5 too.

the folks at pentax should go against the corporate business model and be grateful for having loyal customers like you.

p.s. If you cannot make it through the week without buying one, i think you wouldn't regret it at all, although you might feel bad if your k-01 falls into disuse.
Peter Z. once said, "Shoot with the stuff you have, not with the stuff you dream about. Its good advice. I made my play for the K-01 for the the focus peaking and it is more than enough camera for me.

k5

da15
da21
da70
fa31
fa43
fa77
03-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by p contor Quote
Ah, I love the K7 and the K5 would be a shoe in. Too many lenses for one body? Yes, already have multiple back up batteries? Yes.

BUT DO I WANT two SD card slots? YES-- that's why I'm on the fence. If the new K3 or whatever next fall has all of the virtues of the K5, plus the two slots, I WILL BE SOOOO HAPPY I WAITED! (Nxxxx D7000 be *^%^%$*^)
It's more than the dual card slots. You'll probably want better AF - the Nikon D7000 has a 39-point area AF system. Let's hope PENTAX delivers...

--DragonLord