Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
Do u have a link for the screen.
here you go: Focusing Screen
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Yeah, I love the camera. But you reminded me of that I need a new strap, the original one sucks.
Indeed, I wasn't very fond of the original one either. I bought one from Korean brand Matin: Etshaim.
03-27-2012, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great shots!

03-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Great shots!
Thank you!
03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice setup! Do you use glasses per chance? I'd like to get something like the Tempa, but I think my glasses would get in the way.

Also, how do you like that spirit level? Do you use it even though you can get the same thing on the back LCD?
03-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Nice setup! Do you use glasses per chance? I'd like to get something like the Tempa, but I think my glasses would get in the way.

Also, how do you like that spirit level? Do you use it even though you can get the same thing on the back LCD?
I sometimes wear glasses yes, it works for me, just don't put on the big eye-cup and it'll be fine. If you have strong glasses, I would recommend the 1.24x magnification you'll most likely have less distortion/focus problems with them for your eyes.
Indeed I still use it over the back LCD.
I use the viewfinder a lot (99% of the time), the electronic spirit level has LEDs on top and on the back-side, so it's facing your face. When I shoot something freehand and want something perfectly horizontal, all I have to do is move my face 1cm to see what the LEDs indicate, that while without losing my stance, my focus on the subject. I would lose all that just to go and activate the back LCD level screen.
I hate features that could cost me a shot.

It's smaller than the conventional bubble leveler, perfectly visible in daylight and night.... It's just what you like and how you operate your gear.

03-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vorture Quote
here you go: Focusing Screen
Did you find the screen needed a shim? If 'yes,' by what amount?

Cheers...
03-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #24

Super shots. Love the first portrait... excellent.
03-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
Did you find the screen needed a shim? If 'yes,' by what amount?

Cheers...
I used an 0.25mm shim, provided in the package. Tested it with manual focus and it didn't have front or back focus.(for the screen I've bought)
03-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by explosive Quote
Super shots. Love the first portrait... excellent.
Thank you. Appreciate it.
03-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi

An eye loupe magnifier is the best thing since Belgium Chocolate. I have both, the PENTAX O-ME53 and the Tenpa. PENTAX works fine but I don't like the quadrilateral rubber cup.

The Tenpa has a big round rubber cup which can be inverted to make it smaller. Well not really smaller, the diameter stays the same but it goes flatter. You do this by just popping the rubber in or out. I wear specs which is always a bit of a bother no matter what you have on your VF but I find the Tenpa's cup works a bit better for me.

My main gripe is when wearing glasses, stray sunlight from the side at a low angle is making it sometimes impossible to see the target and the parameter readout at the bottom. When this happens I pop out the Tenpa's rubber cup to its biggest size, take off my glasses, adjust the camera diopter setting to suit my vision and put my eye close over the round cup. This prevents stray light interfering. Works a treat. By the way, with the Tenpa attached the cam diopter slider becomes much more easily accessible and it also retains its full diopter range. I would even say it extents the range a bit.

One word of warning though, unless you absolutely need the greater magnification, get the 1.22x model. With this you retain more of the edges of the VF frame while the 1.36x will magnify the frame perimeters out of sight. Oh, one more thing, the lens of the Tenpa is much bigger which makes cleaning very easy.

However, be aware the big round rubber cup of the Tenpa obscures the LCD screen a bit at the top. You can still see everything if you tilt the cam a wee bit. Not a big deal for me but could be an annoyance to some. The other negative perhaps is the price, but for that I have to say the quality of the Tenpa is very good.

Hope these observations are of help.

Greetings
03-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
...need a new strap, the original one sucks.
Hi

I use this one on all my gear, never slides off your shoulder. (Well almost never).

Camera Strap Professional Non Slip Camera Straps - UPstrap

Greetings
03-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #29

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@Vorture, where did you get those top and rear LCD protectors? Kind of liked silver/white border. Generic? ebay?
03-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vorture Quote
I sometimes wear glasses yes, it works for me, just don't put on the big eye-cup and it'll be fine. If you have strong glasses, I would recommend the 1.24x magnification you'll most likely have less distortion/focus problems with them for your eyes.
Indeed I still use it over the back LCD.
I use the viewfinder a lot (99% of the time), the electronic spirit level has LEDs on top and on the back-side, so it's facing your face. When I shoot something freehand and want something perfectly horizontal, all I have to do is move my face 1cm to see what the LEDs indicate, that while without losing my stance, my focus on the subject. I would lose all that just to go and activate the back LCD level screen.
I hate features that could cost me a shot.

It's smaller than the conventional bubble leveler, perfectly visible in daylight and night.... It's just what you like and how you operate your gear.
Also check out page 4 of the camera menu. You can turn on electronic level display inside the viewfinder. You can also turn on horizon correction which rotates the sensor to adjust for small skewing. I usually use both in my K-7. Have you tried these and still prefer your spirit level?