Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sudhakar Quote
@Vorture, where did you get those top and rear LCD protectors? Kind of liked silver/white border. Generic? ebay?
They look like the ACMAXX ones that I keep forgetting to order for my K-5. Lots of positive reviews here on this forum for them.

ACMAXX LCD Protector - Pentax K-5

03-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent Pictures........
03-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Also check out page 4 of the camera menu. You can turn on electronic level display inside the viewfinder. You can also turn on horizon correction which rotates the sensor to adjust for small skewing. I usually use both in my K-7. Have you tried these and still prefer your spirit level?
Indeed I find the sensitivity better on the electronic spirit level. The built in viewfinder level display is a little slow and less responsive. The spirit level also switches to vertical alignment on the fly, so it fits my needs much better and it doesn't cost me hundreds of bucks.
I use this one:

I do have the horizon correction enabled.
03-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #34
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimDickinson Quote
They look like the ACMAXX ones that I keep forgetting to order for my K-5. Lots of positive reviews here on this forum for them.

ACMAXX LCD Protector - Pentax K-5
Those are the ones I use yes, easy to install, it's real sturdy and doesn't affect the screen quality.

03-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
Excellent Pictures........
Thank you!
03-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #36

Hiya Vorture (and the others too)

I too am new too this forum. I've known it for quite a while but just signed up now, because I have only bought my K5 just now.
I'll be receiving it next week (i hope).

I bought it with the 18-135 and 35mm lens.

Oh and Vorture, I instantly recognized Herbert Flack since I'm Belgian too ;-)
nice website you got by the way !

What strap are you using by the way ?
03-30-2012, 02:04 AM   #37
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolf666 Quote
Hiya Vorture (and the others too)

I too am new too this forum. I've known it for quite a while but just signed up now, because I have only bought my K5 just now.
I'll be receiving it next week (i hope).

I bought it with the 18-135 and 35mm lens.

Oh and Vorture, I instantly recognized Herbert Flack since I'm Belgian too ;-)
nice website you got by the way !

What strap are you using by the way ?
Aaah a fellow Belgian! Always nice to see someone from your own country. There aren't a lot Belgian Pentax K-5 users.
You'll have tons of fun with that 35mm lens and thank you for the comment on my site.

I use the Matin: Etshaim vintage-30 strap. You can find them on various webshops or even cheaper on ebay: I bought it here. It costs around 22.50 euro incl. shipping.
It's one of the best straps I used, the quality is high on this one. It took around 10 days to get here.
03-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #38
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vorture Quote
I use the Matin: Etshaim vintage-30 strap
Hi
Be very careful with this strap, a colleague of mine ruined his shirt when using it in North Queensland where it is pretty tropical. All the dye leached out of the strap when he got sweaty and it never came out either. Just thought to let you folks know.

Greetings

03-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi
Be very careful with this strap, a colleague of mine ruined his shirt when using it in North Queensland where it is pretty tropical. All the dye leached out of the strap when he got sweaty and it never came out either. Just thought to let you folks know.

Greetings
Well I've used a few MATIN straps so far (Black,Blue,Tan) in slight rain and sweating like a pig (on my trip to sunny Cuba), no discoloration and no dye leached out of the strap.
I know there are quite a few fake "Hong Kong" straps going around or maybe he had just a bad one or didn't spray his leather. So far I walked in the sun with the red strap on my sweaty skin, nothing went wrong.

Tanned leather can always give of color, I had a nice tanned leather jacket from a very nice brand, all my colors washed away in the rain (I even used a weather resistant leather spray), it was just a faulty one.
I do spray my leather straps just to make sure it's water resistant. (you have to that to all leather wear that isn't pre-treated against water)

I use something like this (it's for footware, but works the same for untreated leather straps):
Hold above the strap and spray around 3 layers of the product.
Result: No color loss in sweaty/rainy situations, no ruined shirts.

Last edited by Vorture; 03-30-2012 at 08:28 AM.
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by Vorture Quote
Aaah a fellow Belgian! Always nice to see someone from your own country. There aren't a lot Belgian Pentax K-5 users.
You'll have tons of fun with that 35mm lens and thank you for the comment on my site.

I use the Matin: Etshaim vintage-30 strap. You can find them on various webshops or even cheaper on ebay: I bought it here. It costs around 22.50 euro incl. shipping.
It's one of the best straps I used, the quality is high on this one. It took around 10 days to get here.
I also got the screen protector you got (well just from another brand - ebay - including a top screen protector too)
For my other cameras i always use glass cut screen savers too, as they are strong and don't give bubbles...
the only pain is too remove them.

Indeed not many belgian pentax users, but isn't that an advantage
Canon and Nikon are good, but so mainstream... everybody is using them
it's nice to stand out a bit...
03-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #41
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I also got the screen protector you got (well just from another brand - ebay - including a top screen protector too)
For my other cameras i always use glass cut screen savers too, as they are strong and don't give bubbles...
the only pain is too remove them.

Indeed not many belgian pentax users, but isn't that an advantage
Canon and Nikon are good, but so mainstream... everybody is using them
it's nice to stand out a bit...
Indeed it's nice to be a bit different at times I was also a Canon user, but I converted to Pentax and never looked back since. I love the K-5.
So where are you located?

Last edited by Vorture; 03-30-2012 at 11:07 AM.
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #42

I'm from Ostend
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #43
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm from Ostend
The air must be nice there
03-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #44

haha , yea, mostly :-)