Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Help! Extended Waranty Question......

I bought my K-5 from Emmy Photo on Amazon.com and I am wondering if since I bought it from them would I still be eligible to buy the $20 two year extended warranty elsewhere, if so then where can I get the warranty? It is still within thirty days of purchase but I need this info tonight hopefully/

03-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My understanding is yes. I will be doing the same thing.
03-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #3

It does not matter where you buy it. B&H Photo is showing "in stock now". $19.95 - Free shipping--Pentax Two-Year Extended Warranty for the K5 and KR Digital SLR Cameras.
03-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How do I find out if Emmy Photo is an authorized pentax dealer? I am pretty sure they are, they sell through Amazon, they sold me brand new quality camera and were prompt and courteous

03-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
How do I find out if Emmy Photo is an authorized pentax dealer? I am pretty sure they are, they sell through Amazon, they sold me brand new quality camera and were prompt and courteous
You can check on the Pentax Imaging website or call them. The bottom line is that the $20 2 year extended is a bargain and they have been honoring them with original invoices for BOTH the camera and the warranty as proof of dates of purchase. If B&H has them in stock (its an actual card and information packet) with free shipping order it immediately.
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
You can check on the Pentax Imaging website or call them. The bottom line is that the $20 2 year extended is a bargain and they have been honoring them with original invoices for BOTH the camera and the warranty as proof of dates of purchase. If B&H has them in stock (its an actual card and information packet) with free shipping order it immediately.
Ha Ha thanks! I just did!, for twenty bux I cant go wrong I figure
03-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Ha Ha thanks! I just did!, for twenty bux I cant go wrong I figure
Nope. The reports back when I asked the same thing after cyberMonday were uniformly positive.

03-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #8

Ha Ha thanks! I just did!
Hi, BirdDude007. Which did you do? Did you check out Pentax's web site, or did you call them? I looked at the list of authorized dealers on Pentax's web site a couple of weeks ago, and, of course, Amazon is one of them; however, it doesn't say if all third-party Amazon resellers also qualify. I also searched Amazon's web site and Emmy Photo's Amazon storefront, but I couldn't find any information there either. I definitely think Emmy should qualify since Amazon has partnered with them. Furthermore, Pentax's Amazon link takes you right to the Pentax K-5 page, regardless of who the listed reseller is at any given moment. It would be great if they are considered authorized due to their Amazon reseller status. That way I should (theoretically) no longer have to worry about this nonsensical and arbitrary March 31 deadline.

Thank you.
03-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jcp5 Quote
It does not matter where you buy it. B&H Photo is showing "in stock now". $19.95 - Free shipping--Pentax Two-Year Extended Warranty for the K5 and KR Digital SLR Cameras.
Yesterday morning - "Temporarily out of stock"

This afternoon - "Temporarily out of stock" again!

What, like they had two and sold them both yesterday afternoon?! I totally believe your post - just saying...
03-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clones123 Quote

What, like they had two and sold them both yesterday afternoon?! I totally believe your post - just saying...
It does seem odd but they only have a few at a time and when posts here are made telling people how cheap and solid the warranty is they do have runs on them based on a number of reports over the past year or so. You get a physical document with a number when you receive your package so they really do have something "in stock" that they have to mail to you.
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Clones123 Quote

Your post is nonsense-- The OP ordered it so it was all over before you got to this thread,

lol---This is a "help the OP thread" not your twitter account.

Last edited by jcp5; 03-29-2012 at 04:30 PM.
06-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #12

I was in the same boat, having bought a new camera from a Emmy Photo through Amazon. Here's the answer I got from Pentax Support regarding manufacturer's warranty and that they were not listed as authorized dealer:

"As long as it's a new camera and it was sold as new and you have a copy of your proof of purchase that is not ebay or pay pal. You're in the clear."
06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #13

I called Pantex and they told me, that even if it is out of stock but you can back order it. they will honor it.
as long as you back ordered it during the 30 days period. since this is the date of the order even if you get the card a few months later.

adorama had them in stock 2 weeks ago. and I back ordered it from them.

Pentax 2 Years Extended Warranty for K5/ KX/KR DSLR 80227

they have it in stock right now as it looks.

Hope this helps.
05-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, at this point is there enough convincing evidence that a camera bought from Emmy Photo qualifies for this 2-year extension?