Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I use solar chargers for my AA's when away from civilization.

I gave up on any camera that wont run on AA's.

03-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
I use solar chargers for my AA's when away from civilization.

I gave up on any camera that wont run on AA's.
I used to believe the way you did, till someone convinced me to try the lithium custom batteries. I found them to be quite nice and they last a long time. In snow and cold weather, one isnt struggling to insert 4 AA batteries and keeping the + side up or down. Just stuff in the Li90, it only fits one way, and you're through. The market place decided the issue a long time ago and you're swimming against the tide i'm sorry to say.

It would be nice from an ecological point of view, if there were more standardization than there is now.
04-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #18

Has anyone used something like the Hahnel Unipal charger ?

Appeals to me as universal charger - I tend to have an assortment of batteries needing chargers when we are away.

Martyn
04-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #19

I agree

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
I used to believe the way you did, till someone convinced me to try the lithium custom batteries. I found them to be quite nice and they last a long time. In snow and cold weather, one isnt struggling to insert 4 AA batteries and keeping the + side up or down. Just stuff in the Li90, it only fits one way, and you're through. The market place decided the issue a long time ago and you're swimming against the tide i'm sorry to say.

It would be nice from an ecological point of view, if there were more standardization than there is now.
Totally agree with you on the standardization point!