Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimDickinson Quote
I suggest just buying from Amazon anyway after my recent experience with B&H customer service.

I bought a DA* 50-135 from B&H based on their good customer service reviews and their support for this site. I ordered it on March 31 to avoid the possibility of a price increase on 4/1. But it was delivered on 4/4 with part of the flange that retains the hood to the lens broken off. I also wonder about the condition of the lens.....
All those returns have to go somewhere, why not back on the shelf ?

04-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
All those returns have to go somewhere, why not back on the shelf ?
That is definitely my concern here - $849 for a lens and who knows what the history of it really is. I also found out that since I paid via PayPal my return options are limited, which was not stated on their site before the purchase. I looked forward to getting this lens for some time and now I will always wonder if it is really OK or not.

I was aware of their Passover closure - and I have no issues with them doing business any way they chose. But if I had purchased the lens from Amazon I would not have been challanged when I wanted to return it as I was by B&H. When you request an RMA their form is very limited and it does not allow you to provide any details. I just hope that they are reasonable when they return on 4/10. Considering how it has gone so far, I can see them saying that now it is too late for a return or jerking me around in some new and novel way.

As I said, all in all this has not been a good experience for me. I can get similar prices from Amazon in the future and they have a proven record of quality customer service. I just wanted to share that customer care is apparently not a strong concern at B&H and I that I can not recommend them as a vendor based on my experience.
04-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rtpguy Quote
I think I'm going to have to agree here.
After buying a lens via the PF links from B&H, I asked them to confirm PF got credit for the sale, and they told me they had no way to tell this.
Months later - I see i'm still not listed as a PF supporter.
Have you tried sending a private message to Adam, telling him the B&H invoice number?
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #34

Prodigital2000 have the K5 plus DA-10-17 at just 1429.99 also K5 with 50-135 at 1869.99 US.

04-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #35
Forum Member

Yep - I think the prices will eventually reach a rational level again.

Value was one strong reason for me to decide to build my DSLR system out of Pentax components, along with the feel and function of the K-5, and compatibility with older Pentax lenses which I already owned.