Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can sympathize, although I kept the House Finances Committee in the loop all through the purchase. She was out shooting with it this morning. Everything everyone has said about the K-5 is true. Because of the amazing dynamic range, the "shadows" slider bar in my software has 4 times as much effective range. I can pull stuff out of shadow and it looks good. I can honestly say I'd have better prints for sale this year, if i'd bought this camera last year.

In this picture the buckets seen through the passenger door were in deep shadow. WIth my K20D I would have pulled them up a bit but I would have had to leave them dark because they wouldn't have looked natural. WIth the K-5 they look like I actually properly exposed them.

04-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rottie*Lover Quote
I ordered the battery grip for this, as my hands are on the large side, and I like how my K10 grip makes it easier to shoot in portrait mode.
It will take your new tool to a different level, enjoy shooting.