Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Inactive Account

M lens use

I have a Pentax M lens 135mm which I want to use on my new P5...........30o page instrustion book take time to work through [and full of techie langauge] and many things are beyond me!!

What setting do I need to use the lens on manual focus - I can use the lens but I have to use my old eyes to get focus correct - I have not been able to set so the it bleeps when focus is correct.

Any help would be appricated.

Martin

04-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thegrasshopper Quote
What setting do I need to use the lens on manual focus - I can use the lens but I have to use my old eyes to get focus correct - I have not been able to set so the it bleeps when focus is correct.
The P5 won't beep because it's a manual focus camera. What you can do, though, is take advantage of the split-screen focusing screen (I believe it has one) to verify that the image is in focus, and get a diopter appropriate for your eyes.

Once you get that taken care of, the lens should be quite easy to use in Av or M mode

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Set C.27 (on menu page C4) to: 2 - Permitted.

On the Set-up (spanner) menu page 1 ensure that the Beep volume is turned up. If set to 0, the beep is turned off. See p.288 of the manual. When adjusting this volume ensure there is a tick in at least the first of the following beep selection boxes below it:

In-focus
AE-L
Self-timer
Remote Control
Mirror Up

LV is great for static MF use. See:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/168950-super-t...ml#post1751554

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/167780-using-m-lens-lv-k-5-a.html

Dan

Last edited by dosdan; 04-02-2012 at 02:37 AM.
04-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
thegrasshoper is talking about the P5 also known as the P50, which was created in 1986 and sold until 1989.

You got it, it's not a typo

04-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
thegrasshoper is talking about the P5 also known as the P50, which was created in 1986 and sold until 1989.

You got it, it's not a typo
Then why is it in the K-5 forum? I also rather doubt that the P5 had a 300 page instruction manual. The manuals in those days were only about 60-70 pages. Using a M lens on the P5 wouldn't have been a problem at all. It only would have worked in Aperture Priority mode or Metered Manual mode.