Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by orangezorki Quote
Great idea, and results aren't too bad, especially if you say that the original film and camera weren't top notch.

The only problem I can see is the feint 'grid' outline of the pixels in the monitor behind. This can be easily rectified by increasing the distance between the LCD and the film, possibly by taping the film to a clear transparent sheet of plastic or glass. Add this step, and the results will be really good. The other option is to buy a second hand light panel, the type used for transparencies - I have one and they are so useful for macro, backlights, and would be for this use as well.

David
Indeed I realized it after taking the pictures, my 46 inch LED Screen is from Sharp and has that extra yellow in the pixel: RGBY, which makes the pixels slightly larger. So yes, increasing the distances would give you better results, but it gives the people a view of what is achievable with old film and a DSLR.
Or you could use a normal PC screen which will give better results. Indeed a second hand light panel should do the job too.

Keep the tips coming for those who don't want to spend money (or very very little).

Last edited by Vorture; 04-15-2012 at 01:41 PM.