Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #31

I was just happy (in that sick way) to find out I wasn't the only one that had a bum release button. I told everyone it was a "security feature" and only I had the key!

04-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxForums-User Quote
Then I had to chisel it back out with a hammer and chisel! And use nails and paper clips to change lenses!
*shudders*
04-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #33
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Regret these problems the K5 users have suffered, it is inexcusable and causes unnecessary grief. Still, I think most would agree, the K5 is worth some hassle due to it's otherwise excellent performance at delivering superb IQ.
I have been fortunate, no problems, but I do admit when I turn on my K5, almost every time I get a little anxious feeling wondering if I am next?

John Bee.....I took my table saw apart a while back to correct a sticking blade riser wheel/gear. Sounds simple enough, big easy to see parts......until a ton of little shims and ball bearings exploded out and went everywhere. I once took a lens apart, and I still find teeny tiny ball bearings in my office every so often, and that was over 5 years ago.....I'd be very careful about taking a K5 apart....I suspect Otis could do better than me!

Regards& Good luck!
08-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #34

I had the same problem recently, but unfortunately I lost the button at an unknown time while outdoors.

Any luck with installing the new button parts?

08-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #35

Photos: Gallery
I have 2 K-5s, both a about 1.5 yrs old and both lost their LR button within the last 2 months and one of them lost the glass cover on the top LCD, love my K-5 but really pissed at the poor quality control