Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #76
Veteran Member

A quieter focusing motor maybe? Would go well with the quiet shutter.

05-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #77

Well my wish would be to improve focus speed and accuracy in low light, and versatility and clarity of the points in normal light. Shooting a dimly lit event, which nearly ALWAYS happens these days, is a horrible nightmare even with a flash's AF grid helping out. In bright light while shooting sports, it's a little too slow at updating the focus when in AF-C mode to be useful. Of course these are rather difficult environments but they are ones that I must shoot in. I can work around my gear but I feel that this camera demands too much of me. I love the K-5 for nearly everything except this.

One last thing, the lens release button seems like it'll fall off one day, and it's very small while being placed in a weird position that's also flush with the body. That makes one handed changing a pain.

For my personal, artistic usage, this camera is a joy to use, but for professional work, it makes me want to slam it into a pole some times.
05-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Trysaeder Quote
it's a little too slow at updating the focus when in AF-C mode to be useful.
+1, not only sports but BIF and especially birds that fly towards me are usually a PITA in AF-C.
05-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Speaking as a creaky ancient with a backbone that isn't fully functional anymore: just put a flip-out screen on a K-5 for the low angle shots I love to do, and I will buy it no matter what other features it has or what they call it. If the next one doesn't have a flip out screen then I will be forced to shop for another brand that does. Canon's version is sturdy and I have never broken one yet in three years of heavy use. Olympus has one on a waterproof dSLR. No reason for Pentax not to put one on. My new G 1X has one, and it is an awesome feature on an excellent camera. But I want a Pentax.

05-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Mine:
Make the body taller by 1cm for a more comfortable grip.
Align the AF button to rest with the thumb (swap its position with the green button and move it slightly to the right).
Faster processor
Faster card reader (I believe the k-5's is capped at class 10?)
Bigger sensor.
Change the battery opening lever thing... it feels so flimsy and I feel it could break at any time if I'm not carefull