Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #46

Focus peaking for video shooting would be brilliant, same with manual exposure mode and audio gain.

04-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #47

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by longview Quote
Focus peaking for video shooting would be brilliant, same with manual exposure mode and audio gain.
That's a good idea!

I'd also like a separate joystick dedicated to selecting AF points. Or maybe a large canon-style ring around the arrow bottons?
I'm always somewhere in the WB menu when i'm trying to change focus points!
04-19-2012, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

@miles that I want too.
04-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #49

I thought of another thing.

I'd like to be able to use the HDR mode w/ raw and have it save the 3 pics in raw and then the processed pic. That way I could go back and process it myself later if necessary, also I wouldn't have to switch from raw to jpg just to use the mode.

04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Let me add another "like Nikon" wish

Add eyepiece shutter lever like in Nikon FX cameras instead of plastic cap.
04-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #51

Live View

It would be nice if Live View didn't chatter away - the noise can be reduced by turning off SR, but that kinda defeats the object.

Also I would like to be able to turn off the zoom feature when focusing as I tend to loose the focus spot during this process.

Last edited by WightWalker; 04-20-2012 at 12:29 PM.
05-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #52
Veteran Member

FWIW, I want the ability to assign another function to the existing RAW/Fx button: the ability to act as the Green button.

The current location of the Green button on the K-5 is an ergonomic failure if you are a left eye shooter, because my nose obstructs my thumb when pressing the Green button. Furthermore the Green button sits too close to the K-5's AF button and the rear e-dial, meaning if you have gloves on or aren't careful, it is very easy to not press it right.

The great placement of the green button on the top plate of the K-x and K200D certainly makes using my K and M lenses a lot easier on those bodies than on the K-5.

05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Bedsides faster AF, how about properly recording exif data at focal lengths below 10mm. Seems like that is just a complete a-hole move by pentax to intentionally limit functionality of 3rd party lenses, ie the sigma 8-16mm.
05-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #54
Inactive Account

The two most important ones for me are:

1. De-cripple the mount, enable Av with pre-A glass
2. Allow user calibration of electronic level (yep, my K-5's level is a bit off..)
05-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #55
Veteran Member

I am sure that an eye sensor around the viewfinder, which will close the LCD when we take the camera to the eye level, will be nice. Like in Sony or Fuji. It's just painful to have fluorescent light coming from below while you are trying to frame in the VF. Especially in low light.
05-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man, someone should send this to Pentax, if they take into account only half of what is posted here it would be a pretty great product
05-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #57

Manual calibration of the electronic level - please. Maybe more AF points beyond the 11 with a more robust array and slightly quicker AF. Overall though - a pretty good package right now and holding up with time.
05-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I do not understand why exposure bracketing is limited to 5. This is a software thing, right? Why not max out at a higher number?

To be able to preset shutter and aperture in user modes. I didn't read about this and instead expected I could do that. Meh.

A lock button so you can't accidentally change anything from any other setting function critical button or dial. Click once to lock and again to unlock.
05-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
I do not understand why exposure bracketing is limited to 5.
The most disturbing part of the K-5 bracketing function is the need to hold the shutter release down for the entire series. This is just not conducive to high image quality.
05-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Better support of K, M (and, incidentally, m42) lenses, by adding the following little feature: close the lens' diaphragm on half-press.

This little firmware change should be quite easy to do (being a software engineer myself, I'm pretty sure it is), but would solve many problems with legacy lenses...

First, it would enable Av metering with these K & M lenses.
Then, it would also enable P-TTL with K, M and m42 lenses.

The workflow would be like this;
- focus the lens wide-open, without half-pressing the shutter,
- on half-press, the camera closes the diaph and meter :
+ either live (by keeping the aperture closed as long as you are keeping the half-press),
+ or only once if "AEL on half-press" is enabled (in this case, the camera may release the diaphragm).
- on full press, the camera keeps the diaph closed so the P-TTL pre-flash occurs at the wanted aperture.

No need to manually enter min/max apertures, or anything fancy...