Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like somebodies been reading here, that $65-00 battery grip has just jumped by $100.00 dollars , so for $165-00 I certainly won't be buying that one.

04-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #17

still 60s here Meike Battery Grip / Camera Grip for Pentax K-7 | eBay
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Why does a battery grip need to be weather sealed? To protect the batteries? I plan to use throwaway AAs while travelling, so is there any value in weather sealing for my purpose?
04-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Why does a battery grip need to be weather sealed? To protect the batteries? I plan to use throwaway AAs while travelling, so is there any value in weather sealing for my purpose?
A weather sealed grip will protect your camera.
If you put a non-weather sealed grip on your weather sealed camera you are making it very vulnerable, water will get inbetween camera and grip and if the contact pins get wet say good bye to your camera.

FWIW your camera will burn through those "throwaway AA's" your planing on using thus being more expensive, use AA eneloops instead.

04-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Patajac Quote
Yes, there still is quite a few grips still there for sale, with the three screws as is suggested for between 45 - 75, some with the two batteries and some without, just found it a coincidence that the one grip that was suggested as the best buy in this thread had suddenly jump by $100.00 in a few days. When people don't buy it, they'll most likely return to their original pricing.
04-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote

Looking at my Pentax BG-4 it has a rubber ring around the base of the contacts on the batterygrip that seals to the camera body to form WR seal. If the knockoff copy doesn'y have this, I'm half sure a seal could be made to do the same job. Half sure as the only safety it would give is to your camera body, the grip itself would still be vunerable to moisture. having siad that I have travelled for many years with my trusty old *istD, in rain, humidity ect with no issues what so ever, but then I don't do the whole, leave the camera out in the rain thing and only pull it out to take pics (yes, even in rain)

cmohr
04-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, I purchased my Pentax D-BG4 brand new , demo with full 12 months AU warranty for around AU$160 on AU eBay , use it with K7, love it!
Hopefully will use it with K5 one day when I could afford it.
there is one right now , dinky dye Pentax without warranty left on AUeBay:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r
might be worth investigating.....
kind regards
jack