Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DMV
Photos: Albums
Posts: 431
Whole day timelapse yesterday of my backyard Rain & Shine with the K-5


Watch in 1080p & Enjoy! C&C welcome.

04-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
PFH
Site Supporter
PFH's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 482
Great work!
Thanks for sharing.
04-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,059
What did you have the camera sitting on, the horizon seems little jittery. Other than that, well done.
04-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
Looks good. How many pictures did you take? Did you use the time-manager from the K-5 (interval)?

04-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DMV
Photos: Albums
Posts: 431
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
What did you have the camera sitting on, the horizon seems little jittery.
Yes about that, I set the SR off thinking I didn't need it since the camera was on a tripod. Something I learned for next time.

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Looks good. How many pictures did you take? Did you use the time-manager from the K-5 (interval)?
I took about 4800 shots. Use PKTether on my laptop.
04-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,059
SR should be disabled for tripod shots, what do you have for a tripod?.
04-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DMV
Photos: Albums
Posts: 431
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
SR should be disabled for tripod shots, what do you have for a tripod?.
Manfrotto 055ProXB. Has a Manfrotto 486RC2 Compact Ball Head.
04-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter
GregK8's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Western New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 613
What was the interval? My best guess is ten seconds but I'm not sure. You started at 6am, but when did it end?

04-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by StDevious Quote
Yes about that, I set the SR off thinking I didn't need it since the camera was on a tripod. Something I learned for next time.



I took about 4800 shots. Use PKTether on my laptop.
So you just increased 4800 shutter actuations in one day, on a shutter that is rated for 100,000 actuations. Well worth it, I guess.
04-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,624
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
So you just increased 4800 shutter actuations in one day, on a shutter that is rated for 100,000 actuations. Well worth it, I guess.
Gosh, I guess I should worry more about my shutter count. I mean, I buy cameras to think of the shutter count, not to use it in ways that I find enjoying or interesting. Once I get to 99,999 shots, I'm going to put my k-x down and never use it again.
04-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Pentaxian
ducdao's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal/Vermont
Posts: 2,160
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Gosh, I guess I should worry more about my shutter count. I mean, I buy cameras to think of the shutter count, not to use it in ways that I find enjoying or interesting. Once I get to 99,999 shots, I'm going to put my k-x down and never use it again.
Your sarcasm is well taken. Not everyone can afford to spend 5% of the lifespan (as shutter count is normally equivalent to camera lifespan ) of a camera that cost around $1000 in one day. But then with such a nice result, it's priceless.
04-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DMV
Photos: Albums
Posts: 431
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GregK8 Quote
What was the interval? My best guess is ten seconds but I'm not sure. You started at 6am, but when did it end?
Nice guess! Ended about 8 PM. Missed 30 minutes in between because I went to sleep after I started it and before I got up the after market battery ran out after only 1380 shots. Btw the stock Pentax battery was good for more than 2500-2600 shots. I wasn't autofocusing, so that always helps.

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
So you just increased 4800 shutter actuations in one day, on a shutter that is rated for 100,000 actuations. Well worth it, I guess.
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Your sarcasm is well taken. Not everyone can afford to spend 5% of the lifespan (as shutter count is normally equivalent to camera lifespan ) of a camera that cost around $1000 in one day. But then with such a nice result, it's priceless.
Exactly my response. I spent my hard earned money on it, might as well use it for something awesome. And I'm not planning on keeping this camera for like 5 years or more. I change technology quite frequently. So I will shoot and have a good time with this probably until K-3's successor is released.
04-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Frog-eaters country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 359
you should try tp use Deshaker and MSU deflicker to remove the shakes & flickering effetcs, they are plugins for the free video editing software : Virtualdub.
I use them for my time-lases, it works just fine.
I've make a article on my blog about them and how to use them with virtualdub for T-L, but it's in french... Séquences time-lapse : supprimer les scintillements & tremblements | La Belle Lumière

and the result :

regards,
Arno
04-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,599
Really nice thanks for sharing! One of these days I hope to get some timelapse of flowers opening.

NaCl(and don't worry about shutter count [not that you are], they are always massively conservative)H2O
04-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
So you just increased 4800 shutter actuations in one day, on a shutter that is rated for 100,000 actuations. Well worth it, I guess.
Are you planning to take your leftover shutteractuations with you in your grave? I guess they are there to use and use for the pictures one likes to take. I think these are wel spend
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5, timelapse
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timelapse+ CTR01 Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 6 02-16-2012 12:03 AM
Nature Pictures from yesterday and the day before that Aon Post Your Photos! 4 03-14-2011 03:26 AM
Timelapse Question Spideralex90 Video and Pentax HDSLRs 7 06-19-2010 01:38 AM
backyard yesterday gokenin Post Your Photos! 13 01-19-2009 04:16 PM
Nice day yesterday - Took a few shots! (8 pics) Buschmaster Post Your Photos! 9 10-26-2007 11:09 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top