Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #1

formatting problem

Earlier today I formatted a memory card that was already in the camera. I had another one to do too so I removed the first one and inserted the second. (Yes, I turned the camera off before doing that) The camera 'died' or maybe it would be more accurate to say that it was very sick!

The top LCD display flashed P and then changed to the three little lines that indicate Exposure Bracketing. The main monitor was black. The menu button did nothing. Changing aperture, mode dial etc also did nothing. Scary!

I checked the manual and it didn't seem to have anything to say about my problem so in desperation, I removed the battery, hoping that this would 'reset' the camera much like turning off a computer.when it has a glitch of some sort.

It worked .

My questions have to be why did this happen? Is it likely to happen again? What does taking out the battery actually do to the camera controls?

04-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like some other button was being pressed down, prompting this to happen- perhaps the drive mode one? If you keep on pressing it, your drive mode will change.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: