Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Has anyone used the TriggerTrap Mobile IOS app with the K-5?

I have other devices that I have used in the past to create time-lapses but since I always have my iPhone on me I was wondering if anyone else has tried the TriggerTrap app and have any comments they would like to say about it?

https://triggertrap.com/

It says it is compatible with the K-5 if you use the dongle and camera cable ($20) + the price of the full version of the app ($10). Looks pretty fun for $30!

I love the looks of the Distance and Eased time-lapse features!

Here is a video showing the basics:

Introducing Triggertrap Mobile on Vimeo

05-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I'm looking for the same info (i.e. if the TriggerTrap Mobile is compatible with Pentax DSLRs). It looks like a great tool, and would love to hear from anyone who has used it.

Update: just discovered some info that I missed: The TriggerTrap Mobile is, indeed, compatible with the K-7 and K-5. In addition to the mobile dongle, you need the CL-E3 Camera Cable. I just ordered both, and will report back once I've used it. (Note: the air mail delivery estimate was 5/17, so it may be a while…)

Last edited by jasonwarth; 05-03-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added Information