Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #1

K-5, Taking a sequence of shots when I press the shutter once? What happened

I'm totally confused, I have this new k-5, which is in single shot drive mode, and I didn't put it in bracket mode or anything. The camera was also set in AF-S and focus priority. So I was trying the camera at home, and found sometimes when I pressed the shutter, the camera would take 2 shots in sequence, as if it was in continous mode. Does anyone know what is happening here? The situation happend 3 times yesterday...

Really appreciate your help

05-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it only recorded one picture, then
pentax k5 mirror flop - Google Search

If it recorded more, then I don't know.
05-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
If it only recorded one picture, then
pentax k5 mirror flop - Google Search

If it recorded more, then I don't know.
thanks, it recorded more than one...which is more or less reassuring since it looks like it's not the mirror flop issue
05-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are other modes, such as HDR, that also take multiple shots. Did you check them all?

05-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
There are other modes, such as HDR, that also take multiple shots. Did you check them all?
I think it's not in HDR mode, I never used the camera in HDR mode in fact, but I will check again to make sure
05-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bearSeesAll Quote
I think it's not in HDR mode, I never used the camera in HDR mode in fact, but I will check again to make sure
Try restoring factory default settings and see if that fixes it.
05-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

My K-7 has done that on the odd occasion , so I guess its not isolated to the K-5.
It might be just the way I pressed the shutter (ie user error) but I couldn't replicate it when I tried to.

Not a big deal really.

05-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mine does that too sometimes, but only when I use my cheap Chinese wired remote shutter control.

So, it's probably just the way the shutter is fired.
05-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
My K-7 has done that on the odd occasion , so I guess its not isolated to the K-5.
It might be just the way I pressed the shutter (ie user error) but I couldn't replicate it when I tried to.

Not a big deal really.
I'm glad as long as this is not the onset of the dreaded mirror flop, if it really is, I have to send the camera to Japan...
05-07-2012, 04:00 AM   #10

I've experienced the odd 'double take' with my K10, but the number of times that it did were extremely few & far between!

If, as you indicate, the K5 is new & it is taking mupltiple shots on a regulat basis, to me it would appear that the shutter release button is faulty & I would return it to the dealer for a replacement.