Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This one is my favorite.

05-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, and I forgot one REALLY cool feature. You can start and stop the video via the IR remote or Cable remote. That is a HUGE plus if you put your camera on a jib.
05-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@LaurenOE - nice work, I have seen video work like this done and used at funeral homes where static images of the deceased will overlay the video work (just seen one last week) at set intervals; I am not sure what the proper term or product name for that is though...
05-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
@LaurenOE - nice work, I have seen video work like this done and used at funeral homes where static images of the deceased will overlay the video work (just seen one last week) at set intervals; I am not sure what the proper term or product name for that is though...
LOL. That is the best put down ever. Well done. Like I said, video work is something I am working on. I'm not ready to accept my first paid gig.

05-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
LOL. That is the best put down ever. Well done. Like I said, video work is something I am working on. I'm not ready to accept my first paid gig.
Put down? No, that is big business - let me look it up and I will show you...

Edit: Memorial/Tribute Videos, I honestly though that maybe that was part of your thing. The one I saw last week had waterfalls, streams, rivers, rolling fields and the mellow music - not a put down as I thought it is excellent work...
05-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Here, look at the sample videos and you will see what I mean...

Funeral Memorial Video, Funeral Tribute Video Software
05-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Put down? No, that is big business - let me look it up and I will show you...

Edit: Memorial/Tribute Videos, I honestly though that maybe that was part of your thing. The one I saw last week had waterfalls, streams, rivers, rolling fields and the mellow music - not a put down as I thought it is excellent work...
Hmmm...(dunno if he's serious)...getting that "patsy/carrie" feeling about now. Getting ready for the pig-blood-shower.

05-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here, look at the sample videos and you will see what I mean...

Funeral Memorial Video, Funeral Tribute Video Software
Interesting. I had no idea.
05-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Interesting. I had no idea.
Haha - and you thought I was putting you down...

The reason why I brought it up was because as noted it was still fresh in my mind as I was at a funeral last week and that was the very first time I have seen it...
05-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Oh, and I forgot one REALLY cool feature. You can start and stop the video via the IR remote or Cable remote. That is a HUGE plus if you put your camera on a jib.
Lauren, I really like the video. How htough do you do those slow but smooth panning in the video. Are you using a dolly/slider/whatever it's called?
05-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Lauren, I really like the video. How htough do you do those slow but smooth panning in the video. Are you using a dolly/slider/whatever it's called?
Here is the set up I lug all over the place.

You can't buy that slider as it was a prototype that was lent/given to me, and I did extensive modifications to it. I am using the Manfrotto Long Lens Supports to give me more stability as well as the Manfrotto 555B leveling post on a 3021Pro tripod and 128RC video head. It's a "lightweight" setup that can be broken down and flown with.

After I came back from the UK last year and told the guy who made it what I have done to make it usable, he never got back to me.

:cry:

And a more recent project

Custom Micro Camera Jib for Pentax K5

Last edited by LaurenOE; 05-09-2012 at 06:01 PM.
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Where it apparently can be just 12min for your limit:
Canon 5D! WOW - IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum
I have an APS-C Canon T3i which normally has 22 min max recording time at highest quality. With Magic lantern firmware, I can reduce the bit rate a bit and increase the max recording time to 29 mins 59s.
Magic Lantern also has the nice feature of allowing the video recording to be automatically restarted. That causes a pause of a few seconds, though, which may or may not be acceptable depending on what you are recording.
It's still much better than having to restart it manually.

Magic lantern works on the 5D as well.