Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #1

displaying K5 photos on an HDMI compatible TV

I have a large group of travel photos on SD that I would like to display (digitally) on a Panasonic digital TV using the HDMI output from the K5. I have tried plugging the camera's SD card directly into the TV's SD card slot but it takes 20 seconds or so to load each 6MB photo, even from an ultra fast SD card.

I have yet to buy a type C mini HDMI cable so have not tried displaying using the camera as a source yet.

Can anyone advise:

1.Is the step through speed reasonably quick compared to the direct SD card method or is it much the same?

2. If fast enough, whether there is a remote control (cable) available for the K5 that will allow the slides to be stepped through one by one without the need to use the camera buttons?

With thanks,

Andrew

05-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The HDMI output is a direct video out of the display on the back of the LCD. (honestly not sure of the resolution or if it differs from the screen.)
Either way, the output is as instantaneous as the camera can produce.
It will show not only image playback, but the actual output from the display for making setting changes, live view, etc...

Playback has a slideshow feature, but no remote control of it.
05-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
Den
Veteran Member

The way I do it: I put my images into the PC, then onto a thumb drive, connect it to the proper USB on my Samsung Hi Def TV, then use the TV remote. All works fast.
05-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The HDMI approach works well, especially for video, but I think you need to physically have your hands on the camera to control it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks folks for the replies

Looks like in the absence of a remote control method for the camera I might get a cheap media player to do the job.

Cheers,

Andrew
05-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I have a long HDMI lead permanently hooked up to my Pana plasma and find it a great asset.
I usually preview all my shots on the Plasma first, dump the unwanted ones then upload whats left.