Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
K5.... me, too!

After a long wait and much deliberation, I finally bought a K5 online today. Hopefully, it will arrive next week. I'll make sure my K7 doesn't get jealous. Cheers.

05-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #2

as we say in Greece, καλορίζικο, the k5 is a very nice choice, the only thing i regret, is not buying one earlier...
05-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great!
I just purchased used K5 and....with some old lenses K7 seems to do better job in exposure metering in the bright sunny light, but as I said it is used K5 and I need to go through all MENU settings first and change them all to my liking.
the K5 Menu structure is a little bit different than K7, some I do like some I do not.
are you going to keep K7?
they are going for AU$400 or under now, such a pity, great and very underrated camera
enjoy K5!
05-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #4

Welcome! It is a great, solid camera - you will enjoy it!

05-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
great!
I just purchased used K5 and....with some old lenses K7 seems to do better job in exposure metering in the bright sunny light, but as I said it is used K5 and I need to go through all MENU settings first and change them all to my liking.
the K5 Menu structure is a little bit different than K7, some I do like some I do not.
they are going for AU$400 or under now, such a pity, great and very underrated camera
enjoy K5!
Be sure to update to firmware version 1.13
05-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
great!
enjoy K5!
Hi. I will keep my K7. Somehow, I regretted letting go of my K200D recently. Not having a second body can be quite limiting, as you probably know. Can't agree with you more... the K7 is unfairly underrated. Regards.
05-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SuperK5 Quote
Be sure to update to firmware version 1.13
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated. Regards.

05-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cjb169 Quote
Welcome! It is a great, solid camera - you will enjoy it!
The camera arrived at our local post office yesterday but I was out. Will pick it up first hour on Monday. Two more sleeps..... Cheers.
05-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Forum Member

I also just ordered the K-5. Will be waiting by the door, waiting for it to get here. Making a huge jump, I currently only have the *ist D.
05-26-2012, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #10

You will enjoy it a great deal - it is such an enjoyable camera - might not be the most powerful out there - but it feels great in the hand and so far is a a great deal of fun! You will enjoy the jump! :-)
05-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
G'day, mates. Finally got my K5 this morning. I haven't had time to give it a thorough road test but based on the few photos that I have taken, I agree that it is a very good camera and, hopefully, much better than my K7. My copy's serial number is 4281874 and the firmware was 1.01, if I remember right (I have updated it to the latest version). Can someone give me an indication when it was manufactured? I am unable to download photome here at work and it's a long shift. I'm really hoping it was manufactured after the sensor issue was resolved. Thanks in advance.
05-28-2012, 02:47 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Try this mate:
Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader
05-28-2012, 04:46 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mickey Quote
Thanks for the tip. Will do when I get home from work tomorrow morning. Such a long wait. Isn't there someone here with a similar K5 serial number who has determined the manufacture date? Cheers.
05-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #14
Veteran Member

According to the database, yours is likely around Feb. 2012.
05-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I ordered mine yesterday and paid extra shipping, despite the free shipping, so I can play with it this weekend. Can't wait!