Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My first problem with my K-5

Was out taking pics then all of a sudden shutter would not work battery is showing full but when you press shutter button it comes up and says battery depleted switched batteries to one that I just charged and it does the same thing shows full but once you prees shutter it comes up battery depleted. Any ideas what it could be? One of the batteries is a Pentax the other is a no name.

05-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Do you have the latest firmware?

My K20d would do that until I updated it.
05-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yep latest firmware got it to work again was like the mirror was stuck tapped the side of the camera with my palm and it started working again if it messes up again will send it in to CRIS only 6 months old and has worked flawlessly for the whole time have 6 mos left on regular warranty and also have the Ext. Pentax warranty so will just use it till it dies.
05-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
Yep latest firmware got it to work again was like the mirror was stuck tapped the side of the camera with my palm and it started working again if it messes up again will send it in to CRIS only 6 months old and has worked flawlessly for the whole time have 6 mos left on regular warranty and also have the Ext. Pentax warranty so will just use it till it dies.
I had similar problems with mine.. mirror flop issue, double slap, and all sorts of locking up issues. Would have to give the camera a hard tap before it would work again sometimes. Sent it in for repair and after a few trips and a long wait it worked like it should. You should send it in, hopefully they now know what to do about it and you won't have to wait as long.

05-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #5

Hangman,

I'm not sure about your camera problems, but your punctuation problems make your posts hard to read.

Please learn about capitalization, periods, and commas.
05-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Then do not read it
05-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jazzcat Quote
Hangman,

I'm not sure about your camera problems, but your punctuation problems make your posts hard to read.

Please learn about capitalization, periods, and commas.

The day I ask for a English lesson I will make sure you are around but right now I could care less if you can read it if you can not answer the question about the camera then keep your opinion to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #8

Photos: Albums
I have the same problem when my ACME battery when near depletion. The power level fluctuates between full and low on m K5. It will then freeze the shutter when i try to do multi-shots!
I have to manually take out the battery to reset the whole thing.
It has never happened to my Pentax battery....
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bestzoom Quote
I have the same problem when my ACME battery when near depletion. The power level fluctuates between full and low on m K5. It will then freeze the shutter when i try to do multi-shots!
I have to manually take out the battery to reset the whole thing.
It has never happened to my Pentax battery....
Had a Pentax battery in it when it messed up that was fully charged it seems to do it about once a day. Shot about 30 pics today then it frozen on me tapped the side and it worked fine after that shot another 270 jpeg + raw with no problems.
05-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow ! How friendly you are !
05-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
........ shows full but once you prees shutter it comes up battery depleted. Any ideas what it could be? One of the batteries is a Pentax the other is a no name.
This could - I don't say it is - be a shortcut somewhere in the electric circuit. As long as the camera is passive all is fine (as far as the volt meter is concerned), but when you press the shutter, you get an excessive load on the battery and the voltage drops instantaneously. I have experienced that once with a built-in flash that was malfunctioning.

Have you tried with a different lens? Have you tried with a reset? Have you tried with an external power supply?

If so and without any luck, I think you should send your camera in for repair right away.

Last edited by Stone G.; 05-23-2012 at 01:20 AM.
05-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Perhaps Adam should start a new section, "How to use proper English in threads". They can make jazzcat the moderator and sole educator!
05-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #13

.also i see red when people use caps to write becuz they are 2 lazy to turn them off another thing is when people use short form because 2 is shorter to write than two it is 2 alpa numeric digits less and its a real time saver lets give people headaches when we ask our questions on the internet by being to lazy to write properly this is why the west is screwed and all our jobs are going overseas our society is going down the shitter
05-24-2012, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jazzcat Quote
.also i see red when people use caps to write becuz they are 2 lazy to turn them off another thing is when people use short form because 2 is shorter to write than two it is 2 alpa numeric digits less and its a real time saver lets give people headaches when we ask our questions on the internet by being to lazy to write properly this is why the west is screwed and all our jobs are going overseas our society is going down the shitter
I am a 46 year old truck driver I do not believe my grammar skills have anything to do with the decline of the west and I also do not believe you have the right to correct me. I am not your child and I am not your student if you do not like something on a forum do not read it. I really hate ignorant people that think they are better than others because they have a better education and think they are superior because they think they are smarter. I had no problem reading your post even though you thought you were being cute by not using punctuation or capital letters I guess my brain comprehends things better than yours.
05-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #15

Hey guys, cool down. Punctuation does make it easier to read. Diplomacy helps too. Confusion can / does occur when posts are not clear, but a polite request is never amiss.