Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
RAW does not fall back to RGB, it simply states the luminance for each colour it uses in the bayer filter.
So if they use CMYW then it would state the luminance of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and White, it does not convert this information inside the camera/file to RGB.

Demosaicing is after al not done with the RAW file
I completely agree with you on this. I'm not trying to split hairs. I'm just saying that there is a color space for every raw file; for Pentax PEF (or DNG), it's RGB, and there's no practical application for which it's helpful to think of it not having a color space. Otherwise, it's a "this one goes to 11" conversation.

05-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #32
Veteran Member

I thought you said taht all RAW fall back to RGB colourspace or more precisely that they use RGB colour space.
Good we can come to terms then =]

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, colors, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5