Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-27-2012, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Figured out how to "space" on K-7, K-5

I have a K-7 body which I really enjoy using. Has a lot of useful features as you all know. One of the things that is very useful for pros and serious shooters is the Copyright and Photographer graphics you can embed on your images. When I looked at the manual on how to use it, I got through most of it and was able to create texts, with the exception of a space in between words. I must have gone through the instructions over and over and the book didn't really specify how to go about it. I came on the forums here looking for some help and even asked on a couple of threads and got no answer. Finally I called Pentax and asked a tech, and he didn't know either, but he thought he knew someone who might and after a few minutes, he got a K-5 camera body and we went through it together. As I suspected, it turns out to be pretty simple, once you have the right key.

Go into your custom features and check into copyright information. Select either copyright or photographer, doesn't matter which. Come to the screen that displays texting options. You'll have 4 rows to choose from as usual, starting with alphabet letters, numbers, then various punctuations and symbols. On the bottom row, there is a symbol that looks like a bracket that has been laid flat on the ground, right before the plus (+) key, THAT IS THE SPACE KEY. Use this key to put a space in between your seperate texts. I am not sure why the K-7 manual doesn't spell this out more, maybe using a small "SP" reference might have been more effective. I don't know if the K-5 manual does a better job of it, I don't have that body (yet), but I am certain the K-5 body works the same way, since the pentax tech I worked with used a K-5 body to figure it out with me.

For those of you that have posted about this or written about on the forum about it, no disrespect intended, but I just haven't seen anyone talking about it or got answers when I asked, so here it is. Hope it helps. Good shooting everyone, Pentax rules!

Last edited by LXNights; 10-08-2012 at 10:35 PM.
05-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you! I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out either. Thanks for doing the legwork!
05-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I guess you didn't come across this when I posted it here some time ago:

05-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That symbol represents the space as long as I can remember. It is (or was) used when handwriting code as spacing with handwriting is irregular; use that symbol and the reader knows for sure that it's a space.

05-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
@rawr: No, I hadn't seen that, and I did search, but I'm glad you did that, it gave an excellent visual to what I was describing. I'm sure more people will be asking so I'm glad we both put some time to show new people. Thanks for the input.
@sterretje : I did not know that, I usually don't see that used here in the USA, so thans for pointing it out. Thanks for all input, as Pentaxians we should be helping each other out.