Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K5 Shutter erratically acting strangely.

Hi. I have noticed in the last week or so that when i press the shutter button on my K5 it makes a 'floppy' sound for want of a better word. This first happened last Sunday during the first few shots on my trip out however the problem ceased for the most part bar a few isolated incidents during the week so i didn't think too much of it. However, today when i first took my K5 out it was firing by itself whilst it was held by my side with the same floppy sound without me having pressed the shutter button. A few times it actually fired as much as four times consecutively with no image to show for doing so and when i did fire it myself the same sound was produced. In the middle of this happening today it acted normally for the most part. Is this the sign of something gradually failing on my K5 such as the shutter life reaching the end of it's cycle? I bought it new in December in the UK but it receives heavy daily usage. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

05-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Do a forum search for "mirror flop" and you will find many threads on this subject. I am not sure if a definitive answer was ever found but you will find more in those threads than you want to know.
05-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Do a forum search for "mirror flop" and you will find many threads on this subject. I am not sure if a definitive answer was ever found but you will find more in those threads than you want to know.
Thanks very much. I hadn't heard of "mirror flop" before. Cheers for that Jatrax!