Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
The tropical storm isn't helping for sure But the mystery deepened today, slapped on the 18-135 WR instead, in and out of shops, rides, restaurants all day, even shot in the rain, conditions were probably worse and no problems at all. Go figure...

05-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
Pentaxian

When the humidity is at dew point or very close minor differences in temperature, even zooming in compressing the humid air inside the lens could condense the water on a surface. You may have been lucky to hit that perfect temperature/humidity point the other day. Or unlucky. People who wear glasses run into these situations where they fog up for no apparent reason.
05-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
When the humidity is at dew point or very close minor differences in temperature, even zooming in compressing the humid air inside the lens could condense the water on a surface. You may have been lucky to hit that perfect temperature/humidity point the other day. Or unlucky. People who wear glasses run into these situations where they fog up for no apparent reason.
Hi
What you are saying is correct. Still I think there is something amiss with the OP's cam. The part where he states: "condensation and fog under my LCD" doesn't sound right to me. I have a couple of K-5s and other than the experiences in my above mentioned Cambodia example, I have not seen anything like what the OP is experiencing. And I shoot in the most diabolical conditions at times. While I look after my gear, I don't baby it.

Greetings
03-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #19

Got the 16-50mm DA* as well... same major fog problem exists where the inside of the front element fogs up like crazy... I solved this by closing the lens in the bathroom with the dehumidifier cranked up and a heater going for a whole day. No problems anymore... there must have been moisture stuck inside the lens for some reason but, if it can get it, it can get out. I now also keep a few packets of the dehumidifier beads you find packaged with shoes in my bag... Maybe it helps, maybe not but, you can never be too careful. Never had condensation under the LCD though... Strange.