05-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter

This Is What The New Camera...

should be....or better.

Samsung NX20 Digital Camera w/18-55mm Lens, Black EV-NX20ZZBSBUS

05-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If this is a reference to a k-5 replacement I would hope for something a little more advanced.

Iso 100- 12800 would be a step backward from the k-5
sure it has 8 fps..... but only for 8 frames lol
SRW raw files... I'll stick with adobe standard dng's (personal preference)
EVF...OVF is still better IMO
It only has +- 3 EV bracketing Vs +- 5EV on the k-5
No weather sealing...

and thats just skimming the surface. The only grounds I could see it to be an improvement would be if the sensor performs better and video functions but without testing thats only speculation stuff.
05-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I did perform a "C.Y.A." by saying..."or better". The new CaNikon's have EVF. Is this a wrong choice?
05-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
I did perform a "C.Y.A." by saying..."or better". The new CaNikon's have EVF. Is this a wrong choice?
Sorry I probably didn't word that very well, as I realise that, and so I tried careful to say "I would hope for something more advanced"... and proceeded to identify the grounds for my statement.

As for the EVF which new canikon's are you refering to?

Nikon D3200 is Optical
Nikon D4 is Optical
Nikon D800 is Optical
Canon 1D C is Optical
Canon 5d III is Optical
Canon 60Da is Optical

They are the only ones that I can see fall in the new catagory (ie past 6 months) unless you mean the nikon V1?

Edit: And (personally) I would say optical is better for the less power consumption, no delay on fast action etc

05-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
Iso 100- 12800 would be a step backward from the k-5
sure it has 8 fps..... but only for 8 frames lol
SRW raw files... I'll stick with adobe standard dng's (personal preference)
EVF...OVF is still better IMO
It only has +- 3 EV bracketing Vs +- 5EV on the k-5
No weather sealing...
The rotating LCD makes up for much of the above. I would use that feature much more often than the others.
05-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The rotating LCD makes up for much of the above. I would use that feature much more often than the others.
Rotating LCD would be handy on the occasion for me when doing tripod work or low angle stuff It would just be difficult to make and retain that durability. And I also just noticed it weighs in at 341 grams which is impressive.

But I don't think they are really substitute features but in that case, WR far outweighs a flip screen IMO. +-3 EV you might get away with if the sensor performs with High DR, and its not often you would need ISO 51200, but ISO 80 would be my go to setting for a lot of stuff. I'd find the buffer of 8 frames would make life rather difficult with some sports that I shoot. 360 shots from a battery might also give people a bit of a head ache. No in body stabilization is another thing.

Don't get me wrong it's not a bad rig, I just believe in the context of an "upgrade" from a k-5 it has more things I think that would be a downgrade than a upgrade. But I would almost consider it a side step given it's a mirror less.

PS: Also I don't see any mention of Focus peaking, not sure if it has or hasn't got it but I would hope it did.
05-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
@Chaos:

I saw a link yesterday to a site that had the specs to some new cameras that could be pre-ordered. Must've been an Austrailian site or something from the Pacific N.W.
05-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
@Chaos:

I saw a link yesterday to a site that had the specs to some new cameras that could be pre-ordered. Must've been an Austrailian site or something from the Pacific N.W.
Haven't seen or heard anything, about it but it could be some interesting info if you could find that link again.

05-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Couldn't find it. Sorry.
05-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
Inactive Account

As a landscape person I must have weather sealing