Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Firmware? Warranty Registration?

I realize Ricoh is revising all the Pentax websites, but I can't find anywhere to download firmware updates for the K-5. Also, I did find a product registration page for this new K-5, but got no response when I pushed the "submit" button after filling in the required information. Anyone know what's going on here?

Can anyone point me in the right direction. The "instant chat service" is only open during normal business hours .

Thanks much,
BAB

05-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #2

Did you look at the top of the screen scrolling up after you submitted? When I have there is a subtle little green box that states something like 'thank you for submitting.' You don't get a new screen or even an e-mail confirmation that you have registered. This has at least been my experience when I registered my K-5 and my Pentax lenses.
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #3

Here is a link to firmware update: Downloads & Literature - PENTAX Imaging USA
05-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #4

I had the same thing happen when I just registered yesterday. Just a box appeared at the top of the screen saying thank you for registering. I think I hit the submit button 3-4 times before scrolling up.

05-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
BAB
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks much. I guess I'll just assume the product registered. Yes, I also hit the button about 8 times, then checked my email, then hit the button again, then noticed the little green bar saying "Thanks for Registering." Hmmm.

And I did manage to find the download site for firmware. Jees, right in front of me eyeballs it was.

Thanks for your time
BAB