Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I agree with everything, except the OP did not know about the stain issue until a few days ago.
You are right. I'm sorry I have mistaken his initial noticing of the stains with knowing that there is a general stains issue. It would not have been hard to find out about the stains issue. Google finds PF posts whether you are a member or not.

QuoteOriginally posted by freddyhard Quote
i knew nothing about the sensor stains. i knew there were spots initially, but because i used wide apertures they did not cause a problem too often.
I'm sorry that I didn't catch that you only noticed the stains but didn't know about the stains issue.

I still maintain, though, that you don't have much of a leg to stand on for ranting because you "initially ignored them". Hoping that they may go away by themselves and not following the issue up got you into the spot where you are now.

You can blame others and be rude to people, but if you don't learn from this incident then you are going to repeat the same mistake in the future. But why not, if one can blame others?

QuoteOriginally posted by freddyhard Quote
if you did not read my posts then you should not comment. if you did, then i think you need your eyes tested.
I hope Pentax replaces your sensor free of charge. It would be the right thing to do.

Just as it would be the right thing to do for you to acknowledge your part in this story and be more respectful to people, even if they make a mistake.

06-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your camera having stains. It is hard when money is tight to face having to spend more of it on a piece of electronic equipment. For what it is worth, I can tell you that Nikon's newest release, the D800, has severe focusing issues and a battery recall right out the gate. It seems to be a fact of today's manufacturing processes and limited time alloted for quality control. I do hope they will fix your camera under warranty. It wouldn't cost them much and they would keep a customer. Best wishes for a speedy and satisfactory resolution.
06-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

Just last month I visited Ireland and from this I know the employment situation is not great there.

I have to say this though:

From the the way you conduct yourself in this thread which you started, the attitude to the problem which is really, at the end of the day, of your own doing and from the information in your avatar;

About Me: go ugly early
Interests: staring

I am not surprised that your job prospects are poor. (Despite any qualifications you may or may not have.)

If you put your case politely, factual and without aggro you may possibly, in the end, pleasantly surprised. I wish you luck in your endeavor to get your cam fixed.

Greetings
06-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Schraubstock

sorry, but I find this far under the belt.

06-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Schraubstock

I agree. If you find the OP objectionable in any way, you are free to move on. Personal attacks do not reflect well on Pentax Forum and its membership.
06-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
I am not surprised that your job prospects are poor. (Despite any qualifications you may or may not have.)
Where the hell did an attack like this come from? Way out of line.
06-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
If you put your case politely, factual and without aggro you may possibly, in the end, pleasantly surprised. I wish you luck in your endeavor to get your cam fixed.

Greetings
i'm fairly certain you don't know what correspondence was passed between myself and the Pentax dealer in the UK.

06-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Schraubstock

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
I agree. If you find the OP objectionable in any way, you are free to move on. Personal attacks do not reflect well on Pentax Forum and its membership.
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Where the hell did an attack like this come from? Way out of line.
i'm not bothered at any personal references. it's only text on a screen and i know that no one here knows me personally or anything about how i conduct myself in the real world. i did mention that this is a rant.

while i don't post here i do view and vote on monthly competitions most of the time. i also got some good info here about infrared images and bought a Pentax K100D going on other peoples experience.
as far as keyboard warriors go this forum has very few of them.