Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Curious file numbering hiccup?

Today I was going over some seldom used SD cards, some of them had shots on them and I wanted to see what they were so I opened then in the camera as I was too lazy to turn on the 'puter. Yesterday I went out shooting for a bit shot about 10 shots for the single in june game, downloaded the shots but didn't format the card. Today I went out again and shot another 10 or so shots using the same card I used yesterday. When I stuck the SC card (sandisk extreme class 10 16G from a reputable dealer) in my card reader, I got a surprise. First of all there was only one folder for both days (always before this there would be 2 folders for separate days) in addition the numbering was discontinuous. Shots from yesterday were IMGP0721...IMGP0730 imediately going to shots for today starting at IMGP1511. Does anyone know what happened? I think it has something to do with me checking out those older shots but I can't seem to figure it out.

NaCl(not earth shattering but puzzling)H2O

06-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The camera keeps an internal count of the last file no. However, if you stick another SD card in the camera with a folder that has the same date, then it will take priority over the internal count. Therefore, you can screw up the file no. count by swapping SD cards. Also, you can reset the file no. manually using this method.
06-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks aleonx3, I'm assuming the folder has to have shots in it? So to manually reset the image numbers you would take a few shots, manually rename them to the proper IMGP**** number and stick that card in the camera?

NaCl(a bit confused on the methodology)H2O