Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2012, 12:12 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Brings People Together

So, I was on holiday in Stockholm a few weeks ago, staying in the Old Town.

My daughter and I were walking through the Old Town, and there was a fellow K-5 shooter, taking a picture of an old building. So, I stopped to say hello, and found he was from Germany.

A discussion of K-5's and lenses followed, and then some quick trying of each others lenses

All in all, a very pleasant 10 minutes following a completely random meeting of 2 Pentax K-5 shooters.

The picture was kindly taken by my daughter on a Canon S100.

I am on the right in the photo, my German Pentax colleague on the left.

Ross

Attached Images

07-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hah, awesome! O suppose having a Pentax kind of makes all of us part of the club
07-01-2012, 02:26 AM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh yes, surely rare moments to meet Pentax-fotographers on a trip so it is always a "special moment" to take time and talk about the wonderful gear in a world dominated by black/yellow as well as red/white camera straps.
To meet someone with Pentax-gear is somewhat of a confirmation for the right choice and not being alone.

Greetings from Austria,
Sascha
07-01-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CuriousEye Quote
Greetings from Austria,
Sascha
Thanks Sascha, all true. It is one of those things - a common interest creates conversation.

In this case my German colleague was shooting with a DA*50-135, and I had a DA*16-50 with me as well as the 21 limited and 35 limited macro.

He had been thinking about purchasing the 16-50 but had never used one, and had also never used the 2 primes I had with me. So, a quick opportunity to try out some different lenses.

One thing is for sure - over a 3 weeks period in Finland, Estonia, Sweden and Denmark I saw very few Pentax's (maybe 5 or 6 total) in a sea of other DSLR's

Ross

07-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I think that there is a certain "nod of the head" towards fellow Pentaxians.
I've come across a few older Pentaxians from the old film era who are using legacy glass.
The limiteds also attract attention and I often check out what lens someone has on a Pentax camera.
I think this is why Pentax will always have a large "enthusiast" following.
07-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Whenever I'm out shooting an event, if I see another Pentaxian I'll chat it up with them. Met a guy at a hot air balloon shot with a K-r who only had a basic lens, I may have given him a case of LBA when I let him demo several of my UWA lenses. As we were surrounded by the usual gaggle of Canikons, it felt good to be with another guy who thinks differently.
07-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #7
Forum Member

I meet more and more Pentax users everyday. Met a guy with k100D using a tamron 18-250. The camera is really nice and I see why they are so hard to find used. The lens was quick to focus as well with no hunting.

07-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Awesome. Nice shot and story!
07-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a fun encounter--thanks for sharing!
07-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice story !
I hope to meet some fellows at the photokina in september