Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exposure Bracketing with K-5 and IR Remote

Greetings! I am going to experiment with HDR with my K-5, and have a question please…
I set the Raw/FX button for Exposure Bracketing. I have Drive Mode set to "Exposure Bracketing + Remote".
With the camera on a tripod, after pressing the Raw/FX button to access Exposure Bracketing setting, how can I use the IR Remote to keep the shutter release held down until the chosen number of exposures is captured? (I would think I can just press it once, and the camera will fire the desired number of exposures (5) sequentially.) But so far, I’m only getting a single exposure with each press of the IR Release. I hope I don’t need a “wired” release to do this.
Thank you,
Steve

07-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here's a one-push bracketing custom function- have you enabled it? I'm not sure whether or not it applies to the remote, but it sure does for normal bracketing.
07-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Menu option C2-9 "One push bracketing" needs to be on. It then works fine with the remote.
07-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, all. I will confirm that custom function C2-9 is set to "2".